Overly aggressive doe
I called Premier1 and they said the small ram shield would still be too big for Lilly. So now I'm seeing what I can find in miniature horse fly mask sizes. I should be able to sew a piece of fabric over the front and achieve the same result. I don't think I could make one from baling twine and plastic and have it stay put.

I'd only be able to separate Lilly after we get Finn wethered. He's staying intact until the girls he bred have missed two heat cycles, which won't be long now. A few weeks after he's wethered then I can put all my goats back in one herd again and at that point I could separate Lilly. But for now I don't have enough fence chargers.

If she follows last year's pattern, Lilly will mellow out as her pregnancy progresses, but then she'll turn really mean again during the last month. Thankfully all the other girls are due before Lilly so she should still be in her "mellow stage" while their bellies are big. I'm planning to have a separate pen for the late term mamas and their babies so Lilly and the boys can't bother them. I don't want her aborting other does' pregnancies or going after their kids. I may just put Lilly in with the boys next week if she misses her heat cycle. She picks fights with them, but she can't terrorize them like she does the girls since most of them are bigger than she is and not so easily cowed. The only reason she isn't with them now is that I don't want Finn breeding her if she's somehow still open. I think if she were forced to coexist with the boys, she'd stop picking fights with them. Lilly may be mean, but she's not dumb.

Messages In This Thread
Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-18-2015, 07:31 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by IdahoNancy - 01-18-2015, 08:06 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Charlie Horse - 01-18-2015, 08:41 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 01-19-2015, 12:21 AM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-19-2015, 12:55 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Taffy - 01-20-2015, 10:18 AM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-20-2015, 07:19 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Taffy - 01-20-2015, 11:09 PM
RE: Overly aggressive doe - by Nanno - 01-21-2015, 09:46 AM