5-year-old Alpine in Westcliffe, CO
A friend sent me this from her local Facebook horse group today. I don't think Alfred has ever been a packgoat, but he looks like he could be a lovely candidate. He's the perfect age and he looks like a nice size and temperament. Other than what is posted below, I know nothing about Alfred so I can't personally recommend him as a packgoat, but I hope he finds a good home! I think there is potential here. If someone is interested please post here and I can pass the word along and get you in touch with his owner.  

This post is about a horse companion, a goat named Alfred.
A neighbor is down on his luck. He recently placed (gave) to Bear Basin Ranch his two sweetheart horses. They had a goat companion who is super sweet, loved his horse buddies and is actually leash trained. Described as "petting zoo" temperament.
He is a wether, around 5 years old.
The Amish neighbors dislike him. I found him tied by his horns to the neighbors fence. He apparently got out and was drawn to their horses. I found him tied when I drove by and "rescued" him. I fear for sweet Alfred.
Please spread the word. He needs a new home [Image: mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.xx.fbcdn.n...2JED7g--~D]. If interested I can put you in contact with his owner. — in Westcliffe, CO

Messages In This Thread
5-year-old Alpine in Westcliffe, CO - by Nanno - 06-05-2023, 01:52 PM