Still confused about the UCReasearch project
Charlie Horse. I went to the thrift store an bought a golf club. There were a lot to choose from so I got a 9 iron. Not that I have any clue what I was buying for my $2, I know nothing at all about golf. I took the club home and used a hack saw along with the attached instructions from Chris Gifford and made an easy to use hay prob. 
Before I finished sawing all the way through the shaft of the club I got impatient and broke the last little bit of metal off. It left a sharp point where it broke off. This point was a great sharp edge to start the hay probe into the bale. My hands are not strong so I tapped the end of the golf club shaft (now hay probe) with a mallet to get it deep into the hay bale. I pulled the prob out and and put the core sample in the one of the bags. I had hay from 2 sources and I sent a sample from each in different bags. I use a coat hanger to poke at the hay sample and loosen it before I could push it out with a dowel that fit inside the club shaft.

Attached Files
.pdf   Making a Homemade Hay Probe.pdf (Size: 138.82 KB / Downloads: 2)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Still confused about the UCReasearch project - by IdahoNancy - 01-01-2023, 10:48 AM