Riding goats?
Hello! I live in north Idaho and my uncle has pack goats and recommended trying them to us. My husband and I have always been very active hunting fishing hiking etc. we have threee little boys 4 yrs 2 yrs and 9 mo. We want to get out with them more as they get older and we thought gots would be a good way to get them out camping with us. I grew up on a farm and we have 7 acres of pasture so I am familiar with taking care of livestock. My biggest draw to goats is they are less dangerous to have my little guys around than horses. My middle son was in a terrible accident last summer and is having surgery to remove his leg above the knee this winter. He will have a prosthetic but he only weighs 24 pounds and we are afraid much hiking at all wouldn’t be a fun experience for him. My uncle told me his daughter rode their biggest goat when she was little. I’m wondering if this is an option for our boy? I hate the idea of having to wait years to take them hiking till he’s big enough to go for very long. My husband and I wean carry him but then wouldn’t be able to bring gear. 
We are interested in buying some kids to raise up for packing but would like a nice experienced gentle goat to use for him in the meantime.

Messages In This Thread
Riding goats? - by Jordyngrin - 11-07-2022, 10:13 AM
RE: Riding goats? - by Nanno - 11-07-2022, 05:44 PM
RE: Riding goats? - by Taffy - 11-07-2022, 07:58 PM