You have to start somewhere, 1st "real" hike!
Nebs, it's western North Carolina. Our mountains are indeed beautiful and in spite of what many believe, very rugged. Some areas are extremely thick with impenetrable vegetation. Pretty much hiking is a trail only activity. This particular area was logged a year ago which provideed a big wide "trail" in the form of a logging road. I figured that would be easier for starting out.
Charlie Horse, she was in a church play called "God's All Star Circus", that should explain the shirt.
DD, she isn't a girly girl at all, preferring fishing, hiking, camping, etc. To more typical "girl" activities. If she stays interested in the activity, she'll give it her all. Last year it cost me quite a few quarters, M&M's, pins for her vest and a continual game of "spot the groundsquirrel" to get her up Mt. Washburn in Yellowstone NP. That's a 6 mile round trip hike that goes to over 10k ft. I was proud of her on that trip. She asked me on yesterday's hike if we could go on a camping trip with the goats!

Thanks for all the kind comments, i look forward to raising and training th goats and many enjoyable trips.

Messages In This Thread
RE: You have to start somewhere, 1st "real" hike! - by WNC Goater - 08-03-2014, 04:58 AM