Box-Death Hollows, Escalante UT 2022

When we got back, the map software said we had gone 9.3 miles.  Seems legit.  A smaller storm cell came in and it started to rain.  Phil and I hid in the horse trailer along with the goats for 15 minutes while it rained.  Nan was off  in the truck looking for a new camping site.  After the rain stopped, we heard a strange roaring sound.  Phil thought it might be waterfalls on the big rock formations to the south where the rain had hit much harder.  In the beams of sunlight, I could see large objects falling-- Big hail!  We got back in the trailer.

The hail never got us at the trailer, but there was a rented camper jeep in the parking at the trail-head.  I think those guys were out when the hail hit.  Here's a pic with 60x telephoto showing hail piling up on ledges.

We ended up staying in the same location and the storms cleared up overnight with no rain at all.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Box-Death Hollows, Escalante UT 2022 - by Charlie Horse - 10-12-2022, 04:22 PM