Homemade goat trailer
I put the thick rubber stall mats down in my trailer. The wood can get a little slick when they urinate on the floor. I'd say your boys would be fine for at least a couple hours while in transit. 100 degree heat might be a different story. 

I would add a full wood barrier on the front of the trailer above your tongue. Your truck will create a ton of dust going down a dusty road and that wood will deflect the dust up and around your boys. It still will get dusty in the trailer but this would help a lot.

Also if you are on bumby roads especially washboarded  roads your trailer will rattle apart quickly. If you haven't yet, bolt the frame of the roof and the sides to the trailer and be sure to use locking washers. 

Some people may tether their goats in the trailer but I let my boys move freely in the trailer. This way they can surf and lean into the turns. Don't be alarmed if your boys start beating each other up, mine do, the reason why some people tether their goats. The fighting will quickly stop when you start moving. Put your least dominant goat in first and your most dominant in last. It helps to prevent the worst of the fighting. Although you only have 2 boys in there so the fighting shouldn't be too bad.

Messages In This Thread
Homemade goat trailer - by Jtlynch.74 - 08-14-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: Homemade goat trailer - by Stringinit - 08-15-2022, 04:48 AM
RE: Homemade goat trailer - by Jtlynch.74 - 08-15-2022, 08:15 AM
RE: Homemade goat trailer - by Jtlynch.74 - 08-29-2022, 11:13 AM
RE: Homemade goat trailer - by blackie's maiden - 09-07-2022, 08:17 PM