Do nubians ever quiet down?
I don't have Nubian wethers- 2 of my wethers are 1/4 Nubian, and they are only loud when they first see me when I come home, they come running to me baaing with their ears flapping up and down adorably, and then once I pet them they're quiet.

The loud Nubian I am referring to is their mom, Pearl (1/2 Nubian, technically). Pearl doesn't live with me, luckily (she lives at the farm where I work), because she is the loudest, most obnoxious animal of any species I have ever encountered. In fact, she is driving me nuts with her noise right now (She does it whether or not she has food, she just wants walks, all the attention, etc). It makes life miserable and I would definitely have sold her if she was mine (but of course my friend who owns her loves her). But her mom, a full Nubian, has a loud voice but only talks when there is a legitimate reason to, and Pearl's two brothers, according to the guy who bought them, aren't loud. So I guess it's hard to tell.

One of my milk goats, Cricket, is less than 1/4 Nubian, and for the first three years of her life she barely made any sound. Then, after she gave birth for the first time, she started talking, with a loud, obnoxious Nubian voice. She isn't nearly as bad as Pearl but it still is annoying. She mostly only does it when she wants me to catch her so I can milk her. She makes me catch her, running around baaing until eventually she stops to pee and "lets" me catch her and lead her to the milk shed. I'm going to get a bridle and try to leash train her so she'll get tamer and less skittish.

Messages In This Thread
Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Woodsyfeller - 04-09-2022, 08:02 AM
RE: Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Nanno - 04-09-2022, 06:41 PM
RE: Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Stringinit - 04-11-2022, 08:02 AM
RE: Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Dandelion - 06-27-2022, 10:19 AM
RE: Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Nanno - 06-29-2022, 09:28 AM
RE: Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Dandelion - 06-30-2022, 10:12 AM
RE: Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Nanno - 06-30-2022, 01:56 PM
RE: Do nubians ever quiet down? - by Dandelion - 06-30-2022, 03:03 PM