Aggression- What to do?
Emma, I also had a hard time flipping my big goat, Cuzco, when he started acting aggressive toward people. Maybe I was doing it wrong, or maybe our goat was too old when we started, but it never seemed to leave a permanent impression on him. Once I'd flipped him a couple of times, he knew the trick and he wouldn't let me reach under him any more. I also had problems with him falling asleep after 5-10 minutes so I feel that the lesson was kind of lost on him. Furthermore, at least for our goat, it didn't seem to translate to other people, and I can't exactly tell my friends, family, and their kids how to flip my goat!

So I gave up on the flipping thing and bought a shock collar. It wasn't cheap (about $150 for a good one), but it was worth every penny, and I see it as an investment. I figure this shock collar will be good for training many an "attitude goat" in the future. Judicious use of the zapper combined with treats and petting for good behavior have made our goat much nicer to be around. I don't often have to use it now unless we're hiking with other people (especially kids), and the squirt gun is usually sufficient these days because he's learned that when we tell him to get back, we mean business. He's still grouchy and he'll never be cuddly, but at least he's manageable now and no longer a menace.

Messages In This Thread
Aggression- What to do? - by Emma - 07-18-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: Aggression- What to do? - by Dwite Sharp - 07-18-2014, 03:16 PM
RE: Aggression- What to do? - by Emma - 07-18-2014, 03:40 PM
RE: Aggression- What to do? - by Dwite Sharp - 07-18-2014, 04:42 PM
RE: Aggression- What to do? - by Teckelhut - 07-18-2014, 04:55 PM
RE: Aggression- What to do? - by Nanno - 07-18-2014, 05:09 PM