9th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" -- It's About Time!!
We might think this hike was all about the scenery, or the dinosaur bones, but no... it was all about George and Butterfly. I took an embarrassing number of photographs of these two. They were so adventuresome! They were always the first to scale any large boulder, the first to explore around any bend, and the first to peek over any hilltop. These two were inseparable, and George couldn't climb anything that Butterfly didn't quickly prove she could climb too. They had SO MUCH FUN exploring, running, leaping, playing, and showing off. 

Butterfly was intrigued when Finn began licking up the purple dirt. I wonder what mineral he was ingesting? 

It was about here--on top of the ziggurat where we ate lunch--that George and Butterfly went a scary way down a very steep hill in order to sneak up below the spot where Finn and Sputnik were perched in their resting place. I was worried they wouldn't be able to get back up, but they seemed more worried about whether Finn and Sputnik would notice them launching a surprise attack. Silly babies!  

I love how they've each claimed their own lofty boulder--much like thrones from which to survey their domain. 

Messages In This Thread
RE: 9th Annual Hassey "Goat Vacation" -- It's About Time!! - by Nanno - 01-19-2021, 03:10 PM