Back from the NAPgA rendezvous! :)
Hey Dave. I showed up Sunday to let Clyde and Clancy give you one last good-bye but heard you had left at 5:30am! Oh well. I took the boys down the path by the river but they started getting nervous. I think they were worried that Mastiff was going to come after them again. When I got back to the truck I put them in the trailer and had that wonderful $5 breakfast they offered.

Back again to let the boys out and while they were wandering around I took Gunny out and held him for a little bit while they kept an eye on me. I guess they figured since "Mom" was holding him, then he must be OK so I released him and they could have cared less about him. Taking this as a sign, we went out for a walk again. Myself, followed by a dachshund, followed by one small goat and then one slightly larger goat bring up the rear. All the while said dachshund, who had been rolled once by a Nigerian Doeling last year, kept looking straight forward with an expression that clearly said "Pretend they are not there. Pretend they are not there". I was not aware of how intent the boys were on following a weiner dog until I stopped to chat with someone and Gunny kept walking, followed by two goats. A second or two later they realized I was not there and all three came back.

I was very happy that Legion instantly accepted me as a friend and did not care if I loved on him. I guess he figured since my boys accepted me right away then I just simply must have been a member of the family he had not met yet.

Clancy thinks the world revolves around me. Clyde has an independent streak. But since he is quite attached to Clyde, he generally does whatever Clancy does. This is a plus and I can see that Little Clancy is going to be the leader of the two. I am really glad I decided to take him.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Back from the NAPgA rendezvous! :) - by nebs - 06-29-2014, 07:58 PM
RE: Back from the NAPgA rendezvous! :) - by Nanno - 06-30-2014, 10:40 AM
RE: Back from the NAPgA rendezvous! :) - by Teckelhut - 06-30-2014, 08:02 PM
RE: Back from the NAPgA rendezvous! :) - by Taffy - 06-30-2014, 09:38 PM
RE: Back from the NAPgA rendezvous! :) - by Teckelhut - 06-30-2014, 10:00 PM