Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt
I will prefix my guilt with this- I had some contact with the head of Biosecurity  with the Department of Primary Industries here in Australia, sorting out what I was obliged to do when taking my goats out and into the State Forests etc. Ear tagging with my property identification code while not strictly necessary for walking around town at this stage, it will be necessary for using Traveling Stock Reserves on hikes in the future etc as well as then making me extremely compliant with what the DPI want and thought in the interest of keeping the regulatory bodies on side with my goat plans, I would go ahead with it. Technically the kids should have been ear tagged at birth and I should have had permission to move them from their birth place to my property in the first place....So I thought best to get it done young and hope they get over it.

So I had the tags made, bought the applicator and just tagged my little guys. Oh the guilt! Poor wee babies. They were immediately back to eating afterward and I went and lopped them down some peach tree branches straight away  which they were delighted with, but oh my goodness, I can't believe what a baby *I* am being about it.
I am a bit unhappy with the positioning of Vincent's tag by only a few milimetres as he moved in my husbands arms last minute. I just managed to catch the edge of the ridge of cartilage, but will just iodine it daily and keep an eye on it, hopefully will be okay.

So there is my guilty ramble, never mind that every day at work I give injections to brand new human babies and don't feel bad over it...but ask me to ear tag my three month old goats and you better get me the box of kleenex! Rolleyes

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Ms_Mudd - 10-29-2018, 07:53 PM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Ms_Mudd - 10-29-2018, 07:54 PM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Deborah Haney - 10-30-2018, 10:39 AM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Ms_Mudd - 11-02-2018, 04:49 PM
RE: Ear tagging 'mumma' guilt - by Nanno - 11-02-2018, 05:19 PM