Two 2 1/2yo Nubian Weathers... could they be pack goats? Would like opinions!
(06-03-2014, 08:30 PM)Dwite Sharp Wrote: After more than 16 years of breeding, raising and training seven different Full Blood breeds and quite an assortment of hybrids and at one time having 53 working Packgoat wethers, I can "NOT" discount the Nubian breed...

^ Thank you for saying this! Sometimes I feel like I might be crazy crossing Nubians and Alpines and hoping to get some good packgoats, but there are a lot of things about Nubians that I really love. I love their long legs and their easy, ground-covering stride. I love their long necks and high head carriage. They're graceful, efficient movers. I love their chestiness and depth. I also love the sweet, people-oriented nature so common to the breed.

I definitely think the ones posted here for sale should be taken out on a hike or two just to see what they do. If they're willing followers and are easy to handle, I don't see why they wouldn't make good working goats for someone with a little time to train them.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Two 2 1/2yo Nubian Weathers... could they be pack goats? Would like opinions! - by Nanno - 06-04-2014, 11:05 PM