Perrys hikes with the crew
Friday morning we headed cross country northwest down over Snowy Lakes Pass heading toward what looked like a nice larch filled bench about 400 feet lower.  Travel was through open woods, somewhat steep; but with some care to fined the easiest route, I was able to avoid really steep terrain.

We got down to a pretty little basin with meadows and larch.  Unfortunately, because it's a northwest facing basin, it was still mostly in shade even in mid morning.  From the small tarn, I headed south through meadows and came across a couple of old campfire rings complete with cut log benches.  Perhaps, from earlier sheep herding days?  I wish now I'd taken pictures of them.   I then came across an old trail which connected back to the PCT north of Methow Pass.   A fun little exploration!

Back on the PCT in the Methow Pass area:

Friday we headed back south on the PCT from Methow Pass toward Cutthroat Pass.  Although Friday was mostly sunny is was windy and pretty cool.  

Friday evening we camped near Cutthroat pass.  I was hoping for some sun, but there was a permanent cloud over Cutthroat Pass blocking the sun, with blue sky all around.  Friday night we got a little dusting of snow; and water bottles were mostly frozen in the morning.

Hiking out Saturday morning, the goats found some nice grass along the trail.

Saturday hiking out, we passed lots of people hiking in; many day hikers, and many planning to camp...more, good, people & dog encounter experience for the goats.  I had halters along this time and had the boys in a string for the busy part of the trail.

I saw a lot of beautiful country and golden larch, yet particularly later in the hike it was becoming evident that some of the larch ware loosing their needles and past their prime.  Still, a great hike.

Although there continue to be new situations, it seems like things overall go better/ more smoothly with each hike that I do with the new crew.

Messages In This Thread
Perrys hikes with the crew - by Perry - 10-16-2018, 08:09 PM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Perry - 10-16-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Perry - 10-16-2018, 08:27 PM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Perry - 10-16-2018, 08:38 PM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Nanno - 10-16-2018, 08:41 PM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Perry - 10-16-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Perry - 10-16-2018, 09:35 PM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Ms_Mudd - 10-17-2018, 01:06 AM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Charlie Horse - 10-17-2018, 05:23 AM
RE: Perrys hikes with the crew - by Taffy - 10-18-2018, 09:28 AM