Is.Ace Safe For.Goats?
I wouldn't use it without consulting a vet. I've trimmed a few wild goats, and the best method I've found is to use a halter and tie them up short (as in no slack in the rope). Tie his head to a stout post in a solid fence that he can't go through or over, and then use your body to squeeze him against the fence while you trim. If his head is tied up tight then he can't butt or charge or gore anyone. Be firm with him and watch he doesn't kick you or jump up and land on you. It can help to have one person stand near his head (carefully) and feed treats and pat him when he stands still and holds his foot up nicely for the person trimming. Reward even the smallest obedience at first. Make it a goal to get only one foot done the first day. If it goes really well you can do the rest, but if you keep your goals small you'll be more likely to accomplish them.

If your goat has never worn a halter you may have a pretty good rodeo just to get it on him the first time. Once you get the halter on, give him a treat to let him know it's a good thing. You may not want to take that halter off until you've gotten all the feet trimmed, even if it means leaving it on for a week. I don't usually recommend leaving halters on goats, but sometimes it's necessary if you have a wild individual that needs to be handled before he can be properly trained. Good luck!

Messages In This Thread
Is.Ace Safe For.Goats? - by blackie's maiden - 08-04-2018, 10:50 AM
RE: Is.Ace Safe For.Goats? - by goatzrule - 08-04-2018, 02:30 PM
RE: Is.Ace Safe For.Goats? - by Nanno - 08-04-2018, 09:08 PM
RE: Is.Ace Safe For.Goats? - by Mike - 08-05-2018, 11:37 PM
RE: Is.Ace Safe For.Goats? - by blackie's maiden - 08-06-2018, 01:57 PM
RE: Is.Ace Safe For.Goats? - by Mike - 08-12-2018, 08:18 PM
RE: Is.Ace Safe For.Goats? - by blackie's maiden - 08-20-2018, 11:34 PM