Pack Goats on CL
(01-17-2018, 09:58 AM)Nanno Wrote: Cotopaxi. Interesting! That's where Clancy Clark lives (not very far from me). I wonder if these are some of his goats, or if he knows who this is.

The Craigslist listing has been deleted so I can't see what the original post was, but I think I have Clancy's goats! I'm in Salida and I bought 3 goats in Cotopaxi about a month ago, picked them up 10 days ago. They came from a couple who had gotten them from Clancy and Devon if I remember the names correctly. A 5 year old Alpine and 2 Kiko-Togg crosses (2 year olds). They are sweet as pie and I love them already! The Alpine is a trained packer, the other 2 remain to be seen how they will turn out although at least one of them seems to have oodles of potential. I'm sure I will be hanging out here a lot as I learn the ropes and train these guys (and they train me!). 

I don't feel like I have the space for it, but I'm wondering if I need just one more goat so I can take two at a time out on the trail, because 3 is feeling like a lot to manage (and I can't leave just one behind, obviously). Might have to get a little ND for my 5 year old daughter that can act as a barn buddy for my packers so I can split them into pairs... Any thoughts on that? Should I just stick to my 3 that already know each other, and accept that it will take more time and practice to feel confident wrangling them all at once?

Photo of the 3 boys attached. Left to right: Newt, Bert, and Timber.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Pack Goats on CL - by goatzrule - 01-16-2018, 02:50 PM
RE: Pack Goats on CL - by Nanno - 01-17-2018, 09:58 AM
RE: Pack Goats on CL - by Farmgirl - 02-19-2018, 10:58 PM
RE: Pack Goats on CL - by Charlie Horse - 02-20-2018, 07:13 AM
RE: Pack Goats on CL - by Nanno - 02-20-2018, 10:33 AM
RE: Pack Goats on CL - by IdahoNancy - 02-20-2018, 09:16 PM