Poll: Are you a NAPgA Member?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
81.82%
9 81.82%
No
18.18%
2 18.18%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

NAPgA Member Poll
I dont have any problem with voting or saying Im not a member. Granted, as early as tomorrow that will change. For me its 90% a matter of inconvenience and 10% just pure laziness Smile I have already mentioned that if you want someone to pay money into anything they dont actually need, the payment process has got to be as easy as possible. Currently the 2 available options are not adequate. I know the diehards are going to bah! at that but thats because they have the WANT to join. But most people dont see a need or have a want to join a group they cant comprehend can benefit them. Most will not show up at the rendezvous either. They are content to just enjoy their goats in their own fashion, in their own locale areas. They also cant foresee the purposed forest closures effecting them either. I know for me, they wont effect my current packing (what little of it I get to do of it) as I dont plan to now or in any foreseeable future go packing into the purposed closure areas. Getting away to enjoy a few days at the rendies is the most I will get out in any given year. Running a farm eliminates anything that I cant do in the 12 hour window I have between chore times. For the rendy, Ill pay my daughter to take care of my chore load while I am gone as Tracy can not do her chores, my chores and work all at the same time. So if they do end up closing off the purposes areas, my packing habits would not be directly effected. BUT I am not naive. I fully know and understand this could end up on my door step in an avalanche of bureaucratic stupidity. So I will help how I can. Will I donate? If I have extra money sure. But with a $12,000 hay bill every year, extra money doesnt come in that often. In the same instance, I also understand the need for NAPgA and the good it does for each and every pack goat owner. But again, with its current make up, NAPgA doesnt effect most peoples pack goat use. It doesnt effect mine. I brought this side of it up to someone and they replied with. "What about your prospect sales. If NAPgA were not there and the closures in place, you would lose sales." Absolutely I would. NAPgA is the spear head of the pack goating spear Smile. But I dont sell prospects for the money. I actually lose money raising prospects vs. selling butcher kids. I sell 3 month old, tame, bottle fed (milk replacer as well), hay and grain fed, lightly trained prospects at $150. I can sell week old buck kids at $50 all day long. Month old buck kids at $80-$100. 3 month old buck kids at $125+. And have no time or energy into them as they would be dam raised. I could then focus all that extra time and effort on the real money makers, the doe kids.

So having insight into the importance of NAPgA's and what it does for all of us is the WHY I will get my membership and hopefully be able to donate some $$ for legal fees. But the average Joe pack goater doesnt have that insight. So I dont think its right to pose the question of why arent they members. Instead Id like to see a "This is the benefits for all pack goat owners" post. Better to show someone what they are missing then to rib them for not being a member.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)

Messages In This Thread
NAPgA Member Poll - by Taffy - 04-28-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: NAPgA Member Poll - by Taffy - 05-01-2014, 11:20 AM
RE: NAPgA Member Poll - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 05-01-2014, 06:57 PM
RE: NAPgA Member Poll - by Taffy - 05-02-2014, 07:59 AM
RE: NAPgA Member Poll - by Nanno - 05-02-2014, 08:03 AM
RE: NAPgA Member Poll - by Dave-Trinity-Farms - 05-02-2014, 08:14 AM