Charlie Horse's 2017 Picture Thread
Peach Days:  

It was rather busy last weekend.  There were several interesting events that I wanted to participate in, or attend.  The bike ride turned out to be a lame family event with 3 year old kids with training wheels.  I skipped it, since I was used to real bike races held in other towns.  I did get to toast a bunch of teenagers (And I mean toast) with my little racing recumbent, so that was kinda fun.

Then there was the car show.  Had to get up early for that one so I could drop off the car and then go get the goats for the parade.  As is tradition, I won nothing.  My car is too weird and its a replica so it never wins vs restored classics.  Its still interesting for people to see and I enjoy talking to other 'car guys'.

I decided to enter pack goats into the parade just for fun.  I picked Shelby GT and Woodstock since they're the most kid friendly.  I puffed up my new Hunter paniers with pillows to make them as huge as possible-- It drives-home the packing idea.  A friend said he heard a lot of people discussing the idea of pack goats as I passed by, so I think it worked.  I got a lot of laughs because my goats were behind the very generous candy-throwing float by the local telecom company.  They could often be seen pulling me to the side to vacuum-up  a "Bit O Honey", sometimes even competing with the kids.  I was surprised to win "Most Original" which had a 25 dollar prize.   Later I found a picture of me and the goats in the local newspaper.  It was sure fun but it added up to quite a bit of walking.

Fortunately I missed the dessert judging.  I'm on a diet.

That night there was a demolition derby and motorcycle rodeo.  I brought Luna so she could get more socialized.  She was constantly getting attention from kids and she warmed up to the idea.  It was good for her.  Right now I just got back from the vet-- She's hurt her right knee joint somehow.  Was it a goat?  If so she deserved it I'm sure.  I hope the meds kick in soon-- She's been whining about it every 30 minutes all night and I didn't get much sleep.
I don't drink beer, but if I did, I'd prefer Dos Equis.  Stay thirsty my friends!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Charlie Horse's 2017 Picture Thread - by Charlie Horse - 09-18-2017, 09:22 AM