Coyotes/wolves/bears
https://youtu.be/umTO38YnroY

Here is Marc's presentation from the Rendezvous this last year. Worth watching and or listening to it for your questions. I've spent a pretty fair bit of time in the wilderness or backcountry where the wild things roam. I'm new to the goat adventure however. I'm not really speaking from experience myself with the goats, but with the dogs(not mine, but the purse puppies that others bring camping), we have to worry about bears in the coast range. We try to keep camp clean enough to not intrigue the wildlife to snoop around. I plan to ground tie for the safety of the goat and don't plan on using them by myself on solo hunts. They will only be used to pack out meat after a kill, say a local morning or evening hunt. Or Jessica will get the phone call to load them up if I'm solo hunting in the wilderness out east. I've had numerous conversations with Marc about this and you don't want to leave your goats in camp. I can tell you from my experience this summer and fall. They follow me everywhere around the property whether I want them to or not. Last thing I want is to be solo hunting with a big buck or bull hung up at full draw. Only to have Brogan snuggle up for some loving. That's the best case scenario that rolls through my head. But like I said earlier, this isn't from goat experience but from time in the backcountry with inexperienced others and their no added value pets.

Messages In This Thread
Coyotes/wolves/bears - by Duck-Slayer - 12-01-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by IdahoNancy - 12-01-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by natemc - 12-07-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by Duck-Slayer - 12-08-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by IdahoNancy - 12-09-2016, 09:01 PM