Coyotes/wolves/bears
Tough one if you are hunting alone. Having a partner is the perfect answer. Elk don't seem to mind the goats but any bedded animal will be alerted by the movement of goat and possibly give away your position. Deer seem more wary than elk in general but I have had a number of encounters where deer are curious about the goats. One day my goats and I were followed by a buck in rut. Alot of my practice with the goats and deer is during the summer when we are hiking. If the opportunity presents put a stock on a deer with your goats.
You are wise to consider predator presser in the area you hunting. Bears don't seem to care about goats and generally will leave them alone. We have had bears in camp at night looking for our elk meat and they don't bother the goats. Maybe I am just lucky or they don't like my electric fence. Dogs and cats are another story. They just don't like humans and tend to keep their distance from camp but under no circumstances would I ever tie my goats up out of sight in the wilderness. No deer is worth that to me.

Messages In This Thread
Coyotes/wolves/bears - by Duck-Slayer - 12-01-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by IdahoNancy - 12-01-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by natemc - 12-07-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by Duck-Slayer - 12-08-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by IdahoNancy - 12-09-2016, 09:01 PM