Coyotes/wolves/bears
I am not sure which section to post this in to get the most view's and possible suggestions, 

My question is when you pack into the backcountry where do you keep your goats?

Also, this was my first year in the backcountry with goats - seem's like having them tied to a tree by your camp is asking for trouble, mainly from a hungry bear or wolf, 

I know that the coyote's won't come in very close, I tied my goats about 15 yards from my tent on all 3 backcountry hunt's this year and they came with me during the day, but what do you do if you need to leave them at camp? or a mile or two away from you as you put a stalk on a bedded deer or elk?

Am I just being paranoid? i've put lots of work and money into my animal's and do not want to lose them all in one giant swoop by some predators..... 

i've been just keeping them close while i'm sleeping and taking them with me during the day, for elk it's fine, just tie them up 75 yards behind me, they seem to be fine and the elk are interested in the noise's they are making, but stalking deer is a totally different ball game, I would have too leave them a long way's off probably to put a stalk on a bedded buck.... any suggestions?
Matt

Messages In This Thread
Coyotes/wolves/bears - by Duck-Slayer - 12-01-2016, 09:25 AM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by IdahoNancy - 12-01-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by natemc - 12-07-2016, 09:03 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by Duck-Slayer - 12-08-2016, 02:23 PM
RE: Coyotes/wolves/bears - by IdahoNancy - 12-09-2016, 09:01 PM