Lost Goats in Idaho
In reality, there isn't too much to tell. These animals turned up somewhere in the Seven Devils Mountains, maybe at the trailhead, the F&G folks pulled them out, they apparently had some ID on them which led them back to the original owner, who had sold them to another individual. The F&G point of contact hasn't exactly been forthcoming with information, other than they have been, and are still, according to a recent telecon, with the original owner. The F&G guy hasn't indicated the eventual disposition up to this point. They were, and were sold as, packgoats. Or so says the original owner, who resides in Emmett, Idaho. One can easily assume that the last owner wasn't particularly concerned about them due to his lack of notification of authorities when they were lost, and apparently non-interest in having them back.

I certainly am not aware of all the inholdings in the Hells Canyon corridor, but in my 2015 hike from Pittsburg Landing to Granite Creek, saw no goats, other than my own, that is.  Shy

And in my mind, for some goats to get away from an inholding in the Hells Canyon corridor and find their way over to the east side of the 7 devils, is not an impossibility, but a real stretch indeed.

Messages In This Thread
Lost Goats in Idaho - by packgoatlarry - 10-11-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Lost Goats in Idaho - by Sanhestar - 10-11-2016, 11:09 AM
RE: Lost Goats in Idaho - by Nanno - 10-12-2016, 09:05 AM
RE: Lost Goats in Idaho - by Saph - 10-12-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Lost Goats in Idaho - by packgoatlarry - 12-08-2016, 09:29 AM