GPS
I carry an oldschool garmin etrex as a backup only for the last 4 years. to tell you the truth, the battery compartment is corroded and it didn't make it in my pack this hunting season.

I use a couple different apps on my phone and tablet. my primary app is "Trimble Navigator". All the others are for trip planning or work. While out in the brush I turn on the Trimble app. Todays GPS chips in our phones are pretty powerful. Someare better than others and I prefer Samsung. I subscribe to the premium account which gives me access to building custom offline maps. It interacts better on the Android platform than Apple iOS. Easier features between desktop and phone anyways. I carry rechargeable battery packs to keep my phone charged. will be adding a solar panel this winter to my gear. possibly a biostove also for foulweather adventures.

since I use my phone and tablet, both Samsung Galaxy, to navigate. I always have access to my navigation tool. Brycen learns how to use it while we drive down the road. Any trip planning is uploaded to the account and easily shared between devices. I use this for leading all of our overland vehicle adventures, hunting trips and just general day hikes.

Messages In This Thread
GPS - by Taffy - 10-07-2016, 04:19 PM
RE: GPS - by IdahoNancy - 10-09-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: GPS - by natemc - 10-25-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: GPS - by IdahoNancy - 10-25-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: GPS - by natemc - 10-26-2016, 08:25 AM
RE: GPS - by Jimr - 10-26-2016, 07:03 PM