WANTED PACKGOAT(S)
(06-30-2016, 10:19 AM)Nanno Wrote: I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Have you thought about having a necropsy done? That way you would have some answers that could help other goats in the future if it were something preventable. Don't beat yourself up over it. Accidents happen, and it may not have been the collar at all. If you want to keep collars on them at home (like I do), you can make them with a weak spot such as a plastic snap or a piece of leather so that the will break in an emergency, but you still have something to grab them by and hang ID tags from.

I hope you find the goat(s) you're looking for soon. I'll keep my ears open.

Thanks Nanno, I appreciate your advise. I do have other collars that break when under pressure like that, the goats had just broke another collar last week so I decided I would put there new fancy collars on which was Monday morning. I am going to stick to the cheap ones and let them break them all they want at home and put the heavy duty ones on for the back country...then I can sleep better at night knowing it wont be the collar that kills them. Thanks for keeping your ears open I really appreciate it. Hopefully between the pack goat family we can help find some goats for me.

Messages In This Thread
WANTED PACKGOAT(S) - by Nutless Buck Ranch - 06-30-2016, 07:09 AM
RE: WANTED PACKGOAT(S) - by Nanno - 06-30-2016, 10:19 AM
RE: WANTED PACKGOAT(S) - by Nutless Buck Ranch - 06-30-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: WANTED PACKGOAT(S) - by Nanno - 07-01-2016, 12:47 PM