Scouring kid
Well, I've got my first scouring kid. Rocky came down with the poops this afternoon and I'm wondering what might be causing it and how to go about treating him. 

- He's three weeks old today. 
- He's still lively and full of play but obviously not comfortable. His back is slightly hunched, and when he strains to poop he really strains. 
- The diarrhea is completely liquid, brownish-green, and very watery (as in it looks like there's water in it). 
- He's been getting raw goat milk mixed with whole cows milk from the store, but sometimes he gets pure goat milk and sometimes pure cow milk. This morning it was a mix. He got a little runny about a week ago when I gave pure cow milk for a couple of days but it cleared up when I started him back on goat milk. 
- He recently started eating fresh grass, alfalfa, and nibbling at hay and grain. Our grass came in magnificently while we were gone over the weekend, so this sudden pasture is new to his tummy. 

What I've done so far: 
- Withheld milk this evening and gave him a bottle of electrolyte water instead. He drank about 16 oz. 
- Gave 3 cc C&D antitoxin in case of bacterial infection. 

What else should I be doing or looking for? I've never had a bottle baby before and I've heard they can be a little trickier when it comes to digestive issues. Could this be the onset of coccidiosis? I've never dealt with that before so I'm not sure what it looks like. We got back yesterday from a weekend at a goat show so it's possible the trip is what triggered this unpleasantness but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated!

Messages In This Thread
Scouring kid - by Nanno - 04-25-2016, 05:53 PM
RE: Scouring kid - by hihobaron - 04-25-2016, 08:33 PM
RE: Scouring kid - by Nanno - 04-25-2016, 09:44 PM
RE: Scouring kid - by hihobaron - 04-26-2016, 04:10 AM
RE: Scouring kid - by DownUnder Gal - 05-19-2016, 06:07 PM