Protection
Nanno

Hello
RE: I figured Goats would be a bad ground Smile Sheep are too, with all that wool.
The bi-polar ribbon from Horse Guard that I have used for several years in dry sandy climates were you can not depend on ground conduction hooks both the ground and the hot side of the fencer to a strong ribbon 1.5 inches wide.
The result is the animal get a hot shock right off the fence charger.
Bi-Polar web was originally designed to keep sheep in.
Weight wise/thickness wise it is easily twice as thick as the web tape from Bayguard/ Zerbra/Tractor Supply.
========================================
Goats Tolerance of Pain:
I had an Example of that Last September when we Surgicaly Castrated Sam at Prepper Camp, Put him in the milking stock, cleaned the site well,made {2}incisions one on either side of the scrotum pulled the nut out crimped cord cleaned him up gave him CDT booster and some LD200 turned him loose.
After all the above not even a bleat out of him. He did not even walk bow legged. Smile
==================================
Good thing all 4 have adapted to my free range methods, generally stick close to camp.
If they get out they will  not go far.
But I think it is time to teach them all about electric fence with what I have around that I know makes very hot fence.

I will keep ya'll posted on how things go, Maybe this little research project will help some of you other people.

Happy Trails
Thanks
hihobaron and the Troops here in South Carolina

Messages In This Thread
Protection - by Taffy - 04-01-2016, 06:55 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 05-27-2016, 08:19 PM
RE: Protection - by Nanno - 05-28-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 05-28-2016, 07:16 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 05-28-2016, 09:30 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 06-03-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: Protection - by hihobaron - 07-19-2016, 07:10 PM