A Snowshoe Adventure--With Goats!
We weren't sore the next day, no. But then, we were only out for 1 1/2 hours or so. Not really long enough to get sore.

I have used both horse and people insect repellents on goats with no problem, but I try to avoid chemical sprays on the goats nowadays because the girls are usually either pregnant or lactating, and I'm milking so I really don't want it on my hands and clothes. But for wethers I've used it no problem. I've also used flea/tick collars on Cuzco with great success. He used to come in covered with ticks, but I never found another one on him after I started using a tick collar. Unfortunately I can't use them on anyone but Cuzco because everyone else seems determined to pull the things off each other or lose them in the scrub brush. Cuzco is the only goat I have who takes care of his things. I think I'm going to try a spot-on repellent for the boys next summer and see how that goes. The girls will have to stick with the all-natural bug repellent products, which usually don't last very long, but at least it's easy to remember to treat them daily since they come in to milk every morning.

Messages In This Thread
A Snowshoe Adventure--With Goats! - by Nanno - 02-01-2016, 07:58 PM
RE: A Snowshoe Adventure--With Goats! - by Nanno - 02-02-2016, 08:31 AM
RE: A Snowshoe Adventure--With Goats! - by Nanno - 02-04-2016, 09:05 AM