Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail
Hello Nanno
RE: Mountain Bikers and Pack Goats.
I could be mistaken but is normal Trail courtesy that Saddle/Pack/Animals/'Hikers have trail right of way over Mountain bikes etc?
Or do I have that backward?
When I did the site survey last week , wet cold and wet roads there were 6 Mountain Bikers coming uphill to the trail head that I would use to get back to the North Lake Primitive camp area. Riding through on the trails would be would be OK, But I have seen some fancy bike pack systems to carry camp gear or even bike trailers if the terrain is not to rough. They could make it into the Primitive camps (Only 5) before I could get in there with pack goats.
I think the camps there are first come first served. I'll have to check the Park rules to be sure.
Oh well, I have time to work on that problem, with my stock schedule here I will probably do morning chores during the week, load the boy drive over for a midday walk about a few times Before I try a camp run.
Get the Rangers used to seeing goats in the park. Smile
I am sure because of Park location to Greenville SC that weekends the place is full of "City Folk".
Question for you? when you are on a Extended pack trip what type of water treatment system do you use?
Goats are fine drinking stream water I know.
I also know that for your usage you can not pack water for the whole trip because of weight.
Call this pre-season planning because I am Iced in here in SC. Sad
BTY: If you hear of a good used pack set up for sale let me know.
I like what I see from Butt Head Pack Goats. What do you think?
Happy Trails
Keep Warm
hihobaron

Messages In This Thread
Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by hihobaron - 01-17-2016, 12:13 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-17-2016, 01:18 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-17-2016, 07:15 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Saph - 01-17-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-20-2016, 07:32 AM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-22-2016, 07:08 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by hihobaron - 01-22-2016, 08:43 PM
RE: Goat Packing the Appalachian Trail - by Nanno - 01-23-2016, 08:28 AM