CL Vaccination - Thoughts and experiences
Delilah finally feels good today! This was the first morning in quite some time that she didn't run away from me, and she was leaping and cavorting like her usual playful self. She still has a lump on either side of her neck. The one on the right side (more recent) looks like it's coming to a head. There was mushy spot with shiny skin and hair missing. It looked purple underneath, so I wondered if it was a hematoma. I lanced it and blood came out, so I'm guessing either there was some trauma from the needle or else she's been scratching that sore spot. Either way, I'm really glad to see she's finally feeling better. She really hasn't been herself these past two weeks.

Cuzco was only sore that first morning, so I suspect it was from my technique rather than from the vaccine. His skin is so thick it's really hard to get a good "tent" for giving sub-Q shots and I had to try three times before I got the needle where I wanted it. It's a week later and the lump is growing, but it doesn't seem to bother him at all. He's in fine fettle and has an excellent appetite.

None of the other goats are having any problems and their lumps are all going down. Most of them are just dispersing on their own, but Sputnik's developed a head yesterday. I lanced it last night and got some yellowish pus out. There wasn't a ton, but I think I relieved some of the pressure, and now there's an exit for anything else that wants to work it's way out. It's smaller today and doesn't look like it will need to be drained again.

Can't wait for round 2 on these guys tomorrow. Undecided

Messages In This Thread
RE: CL Vaccination - Thoughts and experiences - by Nanno - 05-17-2015, 11:55 AM