CL Vaccination - Thoughts and experiences
Wow, I didn't realize CaseBac was only 50% effective. That's pretty bad! I read the Colorado Serum link some time ago in my research, which was what prompted me to actually talk to someone from their lab on the phone. I thought the information on their website might be outdated, and it is. They didn't scrap the goat vaccine. They kept working on it, and according to the man I spoke to yesterday, they are very close to getting it approved by the FDA. He seemed very excited about it (as am I). I only hope that they do some of their tests on dairy goats and not just on Boers and other meat goats.

I don't think Texas Vet Labs tested wrong or lied about results. They did all their tests on Boers, which apparently do not experience the same level of reaction as the dairy breeds due to their historic lack of exposure to CL bacteria. Reading reviews of the TVL vaccine, and also having talked to people who vaccinated their Boers with CaseBac, it sounds like the reactions are far less than what my goats have experienced. It's also possible that my goats are having stronger reactions than average simply because they may have already been exposed to the bacteria.

Messages In This Thread
RE: CL Vaccination - Thoughts and experiences - by Nanno - 05-13-2015, 04:33 PM