Pack Goat Central
Meet Hershey! - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: News (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Classifieds (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Meet Hershey! (/showthread.php?tid=350)

Meet Hershey! - Taffy - 05-31-2014

I'm bringing Mattox Goats Hershey to the Rendy and he will be for sale for $225. He is currently 10 weeks old (born March 21st) and hasn't been wethered yet (will be wethered June 15th unless someone buys him first and wants to wait to wether him). I'll be adding some photos of him at 2 weeks old and today at 10 weeks old. He looks black and white in a lot of the cell phone photos but is is actually chocolate and a very light cream color. Thus his name "Hershey." Hershey is disbudded and is UTD on all vaccinations and worming and comes from a CAE/CL negative herd. His dam died 2 days after he was born so he was bottled raised then transitioned to the lambar (he'll be weaned at 12 weeks old). Hershey is super friendly and is built like a brick %$*%-house. The photo of him lying down shows how wide he is in the chest. He has gorgeous bone and is long bodied. We measured his sire today at 36" and about 200# at 3 years old. His dam was a first freshener, medium boned, 34" and about 170#. Hershey should make an excellent packgoat.

Hershey at 2 weeks old.

For some reason I can't get the photos I took today of Hershey at 10 weeks old to load. I'll keep trying. Undecided

The photo of Hershey lying down was taken today at 10 weeks old. Look at that breadth of chest! Here are some more photos (I hope!)

.jpg   Hershey at 10 weeks 2.JPG (Size: 53.61 KB / Downloads: 89)
.jpg   Hershey at 10 weeks.JPG (Size: 81.69 KB / Downloads: 92)
.jpg   Hershey at 10 weeks 5.jpg (Size: 23.4 KB / Downloads: 92)

RE: Meet Hershey! - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 05-31-2014

Cutie boy! Smile

RE: Meet Hershey! - Charlie Horse - 05-31-2014

I didn't know LaMachas had that alpine color pattern. He's a fine goat. Baby goat season is coming to an end so people that want one need to grab one before the latest crop dries up.

RE: Meet Hershey! - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 06-01-2014

Lamanchas can have just about any color/pattern Smile

RE: Meet Hershey! - Taffy - 06-12-2014

All proceeds for the sale of Hershey above the $225 asking price will be donated to the NAPGA Legal Fund. He is going to be a well-built and handsome packer!

RE: Meet Hershey! - Taffy - 06-18-2014

Hershey and his brother, Bourbon, were delivered to me yesterday by their breeder. Hershey is so "in my pocket" I had to enlist my husband to help take photos because he wanted to be with me all the time! Hershey was banded on Monday and is still a little sore. He is a hulk! If he grows into all of his extra skin and his bone he's going to be a monster! One of the photos shows Hershey and his brother, Bourbon, side by side. Hershey definitely got the "big genes" of the two! Another photo shows Hershey being a dork while he and Bourbon play with my water bottle. I love goats! Big Grin

RE: Meet Hershey! - Taffy - 06-18-2014

Congratulations ReddingJohn on your purchase of Hershey! Smile

Now for some really awesome news! I mentioned in an earlier post that if anyone wanted to pay more than my asking price for Hershey I would donate the money to NAPGA for the legal fund to help keep lands open to packgoats. John is adding an additional $50 to Hershey's purchase price to help fund the battle!

Kudos John! Big Grin

RE: Meet Hershey! - deschutes dawn - 06-18-2014

Nice job, John, snapping up that good looking boy! With Hershey's personality and the alpine boys goofiness you're going to have non stop entertainment. Hershey, Spanky and Buckwheat, what a crew!