Pack Goat Central
What did you do today? - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: What did you do today? (/showthread.php?tid=306)

RE: What did you do today? - Mike - 12-20-2017

(12-20-2017, 08:13 PM)IdahoNancy Wrote: If you are into it for around $200 you can get a good used Garmin GPS Astro 220 and a dog collar tracking device. We got a 2nd one on EBay they are the older units that work great. Put the dog collar on your alpha, your new goat, or in my case on my husband. You can track things for miles with a small hand held Garmin and good topographic images. Once I pick up the dog collar 6 miles away in a mountainous area.

You know I might do that if I cant get Garbie worked out.  I have only had him about a week and half of that week I was at the fire station so I have not had alot of time to get much work done with him.  Luckily I have a few months before family camping season starts so hopfully by then he will be cool like Steve.  Him being 4 y/o, new to being on a lead, walking on a trail, and not really idenifying Steve and I as his new heard are probably the biggest issues right know.  Kind of a life shock.  I am sure in a month or so we will be alot better off.  Thanks for the info

RE: What did you do today? - goatzrule - 12-20-2017

If Steve follows you off lead tie Garbie behind Steve for the next few hikes

RE: What did you do today? - Mike - 12-21-2017

That is a  good idea.  Thanks for the advise.
Have a good day!

RE: What did you do today? - goatzrule - 12-22-2017

not a problem

I took a lot of picture's of my young pack goat Mufasa

he is the bay colored one

resting after a walk

how do I post multipule pictures in one post

RE: What did you do today? - Nanno - 12-22-2017

You just repeat the same thing you did when you uploaded the first photo. Click the "Choose File" button at the bottom left of the page and then click the "Add Attachment" button on the bottom right. Rinse, repeat. Wink

RE: What did you do today? - Perry - 12-26-2017

"You know I might do that if I cant get Garbie worked out.  I have only had him about a week and half of that week I was at the fire station so I have not had alot of time to get much work done with him.  Luckily I have a few months before family camping season starts so hopfully by then he will be cool like Steve.  Him being 4 y/o, new to being on a lead, walking on a trail, and not really idenifying Steve and I as his new heard are probably the biggest issues right know.  Kind of a life shock.  I am sure in a month or so we will be alot better off.  Thanks for the info"

Hi Mike,

Don't be surprised if it takes him a lot longer than a month to bond to you and stay with you.  It's probably best just to plan to keep him on lead for some time; then try him off lead in a situation where it's no big deal if he heads back to the truck.