Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Totes have many uses!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are some great ideas for using totes for housing and feeding. The metal does not rust and the plastic tank is durable. There is a metal base so you can use the plastic insert for feeding - or not. I placed mine inside the lean-to so didn't need to put a cover on it.

[attachment=1253]

[attachment=1254]
Very resourceful! Thanks for sharing.
Ive always liked em for feeders but they are hard to find for cheap.
We get fertilizer for our fields in them. Once scrubbed they're great. When you're driving around farm country look in farmers/ranchers equipment/junk/etc. storage areas (we call ours the "bone yard.") Many times they will give them to you just to be rid of them. Even if you have to pay a few bucks they are well worth it. Some folks locally already have them set up as feeders and are selling them on our local Craigslist for $50. Pretty cheap price to pay for something that is pretty indestructible. I was at their place with a friend who was buying Boer goats from them. All of the Boer have horns and are still able to use them easily. That's how I got the photos.