Pack Goat Central
Looking to start a pack goat string. - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: News (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Classifieds (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Looking to start a pack goat string. (/showthread.php?tid=392)

Pages: 1 2

Looking to start a pack goat string. - TravisBM - 06-14-2014

Hi there,
I'm looking for some help on getting a pack string going. I'm looking to start with about six pack goats. Does any one have any info on where to start looking. I have been looking to start for a while but my point in life has finally given me time to invest with them. Thanks for any help.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - Taffy - 06-14-2014

If you are coming to the Rendy there will be goats for sale. It's an excellent place to start and to see experienced and up-and-cooming packgoats in one place. There will be generations of knowledge available from the folks attending.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - TravisBM - 06-14-2014

Thank you for the info Taffy. It looks like I'm going to Rendy. Could you help me out with where it's at and when. Thanks again I appreciate your help.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - Taffy - 06-14-2014

Go to the NAPGA header on the main forum page and click on Rendy Attendance and Hay. You'll be able to follow the whole conversation regarding the Rendy.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 06-14-2014

Howdy Travis, good to see you made it here Smile Ill see if I cant dig up some old posts.

Travis is looking for some adult ready to go packers to take them hunting this fall. The only help I can be here is with Lincoln. So if anyone knows of or comes across some 3 year old or better packers, please post. I kinda talk him into no horns but just finding available affordable packers now to use for the fall is going to be difficult by itself.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - nebs - 06-15-2014

Travis, what state do you live in? Just curious as a fellow hunter.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 06-15-2014

He is in Washington East side.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - nebs - 06-15-2014

Cool, we need to start a Tri Cities hike!

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 06-15-2014

... oops, I ment west side.

RE: Looking to start a pack goat string. - IdahoNancy - 06-15-2014

The Yahoo Packgoat group has a "Friday Market". Saw this posted

Friday Market: 4 adult bottle fed wethers
Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:37 am (PDT) . Posted by: kd7jxl
I have 4 bottle fed wethers ages 4, 7, 7, 8.
All horned. All very sweet.
The 3 older ones hang together like the 3 musketeers. The younger one has not found a personal buddy in my herd. He does fine with the others, though.
I think the last time I went on a packing trip was a day trip, and the 8 year old came, he was still a kid.
I have had a closed herd for years, prior to closing it, I tested regularly, and have tested every animal that comes in to make sure everyone is and stays disease free.
I am in northwest Montana (near Kalispell).
I am asking $50 each, though I would certainly entertain offers.
I can't help with transport right now as my trailer lights are out. (thanks to an impatient mule!!!), I can offer overnight accommodations if someone is traveling a distance to get here.
I also have 2 saddles I would consider selling with the goats. The saddles are not for sale separately
wendy@summitgoats.com
email is best