Pack Goat Central
2014 NAPgA Rendy - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: News (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: NAPgA News and Land Use Issues (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: 2014 NAPgA Rendy (/showthread.php?tid=17)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - Saltlick - 03-22-2014

Ogden Group Campground

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - Taffy - 03-23-2014

Does anyone have a website for this campground that shows the layout of where we'll be camping and maybe satellite imagery?

(03-22-2014, 10:28 PM)Saltlick Wrote: Ogden Group Campground

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - deschutes dawn - 03-23-2014

It's the Newberry Crater/Lavalands Nat'l Monument, Ogden Group Camp. I'll check Monday when offices are open to make sure. I'm sure the 300 plus people that show up for the Bend Bowmen 3-D Supershoot and two other shoots they hold there don't all have passes. Just a guess. Telephone Pioneers used to have a camp out there too but I think seniors and veterans get free passes. My husband has one-senior and veteran!

Taffy, I've posted it somewhere on this thread. Not sure where it ended up. You can also find it on NAPgA's site.

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - Saph - 03-23-2014

You might need a Special Use Permit. The Deschutes National Forest will be able to provide you with all that information.

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - deschutes dawn - 03-23-2014

I have already talked with them about the use to make sure goats were Ok in that camp. They were alright with how we were using it and didn't mention any special permits or passes. I will definitely double check with them Monday and let everyone know. In the meantime, what does everyone think about a scavenger hunt with the goats? I'm working on that for one of the days. Also trying to find an old time fiddle player for the Saturday evening potluck. Contacted a couple but no one is returning messages. Maybe a harmonica player?

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - Nanno - 03-23-2014

(03-23-2014, 08:24 PM)deschutes dawn Wrote: Also trying to find an old time fiddle player for the Saturday evening potluck. Contacted a couple but no one is returning messages. Maybe a harmonica player?

Dadgumit! Now I REALLY wish we were coming! Phil plays fiddle (more Celtic than old time, but he's very good at it).

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - Taffy - 03-24-2014

You could always fly in if driving is too far. I'm sure there will be plenty of goats to go around. We do need to have a Rendy close enough to you that I can meet Cuzco and your gang. Smile

(03-23-2014, 11:13 PM)Nanno Wrote:
(03-23-2014, 08:24 PM)deschutes dawn Wrote: Also trying to find an old time fiddle player for the Saturday evening potluck. Contacted a couple but no one is returning messages. Maybe a harmonica player?

Dadgumit! Now I REALLY wish we were coming! Phil plays fiddle (more Celtic than old time, but he's very good at it).

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - Nanno - 03-24-2014

Yeah, the problem with flying is it's very expensive and I can't bring Cuzco. =)

Do you think if I wore dark glasses, put a vest on him, and touted him as a service animal I could bring him on the plane?

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - Taffy - 03-24-2014

Definitely! Check out this site. He is an emotional support animal! And he can fly on the plane with you! Big Grin
http://www.esaregistration.org/?gclid=CJCqrLjZq70CFURlfgod3QgAXQ

(03-24-2014, 09:32 AM)Nanno Wrote: Yeah, the problem with flying is it's very expensive and I can't bring Cuzco. =)

Do you think if I wore dark glasses, put a vest on him, and touted him as a service animal I could bring him on the plane?

RE: 2014 NAPgA Rendy - deschutes dawn - 03-24-2014

Here's the info I got today from the Deschutes Nat'l Forest folks. Yes, you need a pass ( I need to inform the archery club about that). One day passes are available or longer. You can go online to the Deschutes National Forest or USFS and get passes there at the passes and permits page. I need to get our pass dug out too to make sure I have one!