Pack Goat Central
New packers test results - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome to PackGoatCentral (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: The Campfire (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: New packers test results (/showthread.php?tid=1364)

New packers test results - dutch007 - 05-18-2016

It is with happiness that I can report that my new addition is negative for CAE,CL and johnes. Time to assimilate into the herd.

RE: New packers test results - hihobaron - 05-18-2016

Hello dutch007
GOOD FOR YOU AND YOUR NEW BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't worry if there are a few tussles.
I am facing the same thing here with the (2) new boys (bucklings) that were kidded in march, and my (2) "older" wethers proving "They are Boss Goat" Of course I am Boss Goat,Smile but they are the herd Sargent's.
No Nanny's here to be the but kicker. SO FAR this is a all BOY group.
Happy Trails
Good Packing
hihobaron and the Troops in South Carolina.

RE: New packers test results - dutch007 - 05-19-2016

Same here with the all boy group. Two of my boys gave him space, but Schmidt wanted to test his meddle and quickly found out he was outmatched by the goat that was 100lb heavier and 13 inches taller Smile
By the time they were together for a few hours, Schmidt was acting like he was playing instead of posturing.

RE: New packers test results - Taffy - 05-19-2016

(05-18-2016, 02:04 PM)dutch007 Wrote: It is with happiness that I can report that my new addition is negative for CAE,CL and johnes. Time to assimilate into the herd.

WooHoo!  Let the adventures begin!

RE: New packers test results - hihobaron - 05-19-2016

Hello dutch007
Sounds good.
The next step:
Is get them all loaded and out on the trail to "Goatafy" and learn trail manners.
As long as YOU are Boss Goat they should follow on.
Don't be surprised if you have "Stampede's"  when you go walkabout and they come running up from behind.
Hope your older boy will stick to you.
Note:Watch the goats, let them stop and eat/smell  the the flowers as you trail them. Not to long and don't let them control your speed, Goats on the trail do start out with and are like yo-yo's stop and eat then they go "Oh ****' the boss goat is going up the trail, time to catch up. "Charge" Smile

RE: New packers test results - dutch007 - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 08:48 AM)hihobaron Wrote: Hello dutch007
Sounds good.
The next step:
Is get them all loaded and out on the trail to "Goatafy" and learn trail manners.
As long as YOU are Boss Goat they should follow on.
Don't be surprised if you have "Stampede's"  when you go walkabout and they come running up from behind.
Hope your older boy will stick to you.
Note:Watch the goats, let them stop and eat/smell  the the flowers as you trail them. Not to long and don't let them control your speed, Goats on the trail do start out with and are like yo-yo's stop and eat then they go "Oh Shit' the boss goat is going up the trail, time to catch up. "Charge" Smile

Thanks for the info.
My young boys have been on the trail for a year now and behave very well. They figured out quickly that dad doesn't slow down much for them to smell the roses. As far as the new goat, he sticks with me good so far on the short ( 2-3 mile) walks behind the house. We will see how they do together on the trail later today. I appears they figured out the new pecking order in the 1st 24 hrs together.