Pack Goat Central
Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - Printable Version

+- Pack Goat Central (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums)
+-- Forum: News (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Forum: Classifieds (https://www.packgoatcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included (/showthread.php?tid=1162)

Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - Dave-Trinity-Farms - 10-05-2015

Two Alpine Wether Pack Goats. Will be 3 y/o this spring. "Bridger" (pictured first) and "Rudy", these 2 sweet boys are proven packers, well bred, will follow you anywhere, love to work, and as gentle as they come. We have spent countless hours with these two from bottle raising to training. They have packed (light loads) in all terrains of the high country, crossed rivers, have been face to face with elk, and are very well-rounded, safe family animals. We are regretfully selling them as we are moving and will not have a place to keep them. UTD on everything. Will not separate. To approved home only. Please call for more details. $400 (Bridger) $300 (Rudy)
See pictures on Craigslist ad: http://spokane.craigslist.org/grd/5252808939.html
Jessica 208-946-1271

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - Taffy - 10-05-2015

I bought my 3 year old Alpine wether, Dude, from these folks in April. He is awesome! I'm sorry to hear they are having to sell their 2 remaining wethers.

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - IdahoNancy - 10-06-2015

For those of you not familiar with Sandpoint it is in North Idaho about 1 hour drive north of Interstate 90.

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - Taffy - 10-06-2015

They met me at the Cabela's in Post Falls, just east of Spokane, so I could look at Dude to decide if I wanted to buy him. Nice folks.

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - dutch007 - 10-09-2015

Would they have to be separated from my 8 month old wethers?

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - Taffy - 10-09-2015

I wouldn't think so. You would need to talk to them about personalities.

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - IdahoNancy - 10-29-2016

This is an old post but I wanted to share a story about Bridger and Rudy. They were purchased by my neighbor around the corner. She watched me walking my goat for quite a while. At one point she asked me why I was walking them. She was an avid back packer with a big fenced back yard. After talking she figured she would give goat packing a try. It has been fun to have someone close by to share stories and walks with. I had purchased Dude from Taffy when I lost my 10 year old Oberhasli Hobbs this spring. So the boys knew each other. 
Last week Rudy died suddenly of UC. He had the prettiest face I ever saw on a goat and a personality to match. Bridger was left alone and my neighbor was taking off for a 3 week mission to Nepal. She was very upset. I do not have the room for a 4th goat at my home. So I decided to put Dude in with Bridger at my neighbors house so he would not be alone. It is a bit stressful for all involved but we go for walks and visit regularly.
Yesterday we did a pack trip to set up a remote camp for my husband and I to moose hunt from next week. We took this little alpine goat Bridge with us. He is a going machine. We kept his pannier load at 26 lbs. It was only 3.5 miles steady grade up hill. He had a little panic attack at getting his feet wet on the 1st crossing but that was it. 
Dude now known as Dodger is the white and black Alpine, Bridger is the brown Alpine with the Charlie's acid rain panniers, along with my 8 yr and 1 yr old Obers.

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - natemc - 10-29-2016

That's pretty cool Nancy

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - Taffy - 10-29-2016

I'm SO happy Dude (Dodger) has such a great new home. He sure looks at you like he adores you. I'm sure Bridger is enjoying the attention you're lavishing upon him - he obviously loves it!

RE: Pack gosts available in Sandpoint. Ad from TGS included - nebs - 10-30-2016

Awesome Nancy! I bet you guys have a lot of great hiking areas close by.