Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Charlie Horse's 2019 Picture Thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[attachment=6560]
Found a whole bunch of Indian pottery shards just sitting there on the sandstone shelf.  How is it they'd sat there for so long?  Something is odd about this.  I put a few next to each other for this picture.  I wonder if there's enough to reconstruct the pot?  Dunno.  I'll ask the museum people if they're interested in knowing the location.

[attachment=6561]
It started getting to be a blazing hot 72 degrees, so we headed back home.  A decent little exploration trip.
[attachment=6629]
A short hike after a lot of rain.  Woodstock is the perfect color to vanish into the desert.

[attachment=6631]
We found a water filled pot-hole in a room-sized boulder. 

[attachment=6630]
Its beginning to green up.    Last year was a drought, and this year is super wet.  I expect the desert to bloom soon.
Oh how pretty! It will be amazing when the desert plants come out, although I expect the gnats to be an even gnastier gnuisance in a wet year.
[attachment=6745]
Left the house at 6:00 hoping to beat the heat or thunder storms (take your pick).
It had rained yesterday and I wasn't sure if this trip would pan out, but it was great.
We hardly had to deal with any gnats, either.  They've been fierce lately.

[attachment=6746]
I was looking for a certain rock formation I wanted to photograph for a contest.
I didn't find it.  Huh.  I thought it was in this area (shrug)

[attachment=6747]
There were other cool rocks.  But of course!

[attachment=6748]
Shelby GT was the goat of the day wearing his fancy pack saddle and as usual,
being a flawless pack goat!

I got home by 9:45 and made breakfast.  Nice morning, don't you think?
So pretty! Can't wait till the trip in September!
I hope I'm not trying to crash a private 8nvite event but if this September event is for any NapGa members, we would sure like.to know the details. Is there a link? I can't find anything on the NapGa website or don't know where to look here. If it is private invite, I apologise.
It was Taffy's idea originally-- September 21-28, 2019. Anyone can come. I haven't planned too much yet. We'll be hopping around a few different places though. It'll all be paved or smooth dirt roads and hiking will be kept reasonable.
I left my sunglasses out in the desert.  They cost 15 dollars when new, two years ago, so I had no choice but to retrieve them at all costs.

[attachment=6754]
Starting out in the shade.

[attachment=6755]

[attachment=6756]
Glorious sky

[attachment=6757]
Contrasting shadows part A

[attachment=6758]
Contrasting shadows part B
The cliff in the distance is Lookout Point.  Being on top is kinda scary.

[attachment=6759]
Luna was having a nice day so far.

[attachment=6760]
Later that night she got a chunk of hide taken out of her down to the meat by one of the horses.  The way she hassles them, I'd bite her too if I were a horse.  She's at the vet overnight since I had them fix her while she was there.

[attachment=6761]
You'd think they were friends.

[attachment=6762]
Any hike Woodstock is on, you're guaranteed to get a good 'resting' photo.

[attachment=6763]
Woodstock:  Goat of Adventure and Stuff
You didn't say - were your sunglasses where you left them?! Tongue
Awesome photos! But I have to ask... how does anyone manage to keep the same sunglasses for TWO YEARS??? I'm extremely lucky if I get six months out of mine!
Pages: 1 2 3 4