Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Training an Adult Goat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Very cute pics! What breed and colour is Liesel's sire?
Check out all the smiles in that picture.  People don't think much about goats but when they see one in a pet or pack situation they're suddenly all enthusiastic. 

Forget therapy dogs.  The new trend should be goats!
AcanthaRose
Hello AR
Charlie Horse has a very good point "Look at Back Ground smiles on people"
They may think your crazy but they are enjoying you and your goats.
I get the same thing when I go walkabout on trails down here with the boy's.
City Folk that have never seen a trail goat, let alone a Pack Goat.
From my view point there is nothing better you could be doing to "Socialize" your goats walking in a calm manner in a crowd and different people. Looked like you were at a Farmer's Market?
If so How many times did you get asked "Is it For Same" Smile

[attachment=2597]

City Folk Sharing the trail with Pete and Sam

[attachment=2598]

More City Folk mixing with Pete and Sam (Getting Goat-a-Fied)

[attachment=2599]

Even the Mature "City Folk" liked meeting up with Pete and Sam on the trail.

Happy Trails
hihobaron Fuzzy,Pete, Sam and No-Name
(05-14-2016, 06:42 PM)DownUnder Gal Wrote: [ -> ]Very cute pics!  What breed and colour is Liesel's sire?
Thanks!
Liesel's dad is full white Saanen. When she was born it was a bit surprising to see a totally white kid come out of a dark colored goat, even though we knew the dad was white.
Great pics hihobaron!
It is really fun to meet people on outings who are SO happy and suprised to see the goats.
I have been thinking it would be fun and useful to teach Liesel to be a therapy goat, but I don't know what certifications she would need or how to get them. I did hear that there is an organization that certifies therapy goats, but I don't remember what it was called. Do any of you know?
Pages: 1 2