Pack Goat Central

Full Version: Finally!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm finally able to go on short hikes again after a year and a half!!! First real hikes for the goats too. It went like this: Tore ligament in my right ankle summer 2014, then developed painful heel, had just made an appointment for that then got knocked down and ran over by a horse and tore multiple ligaments in my knee, then fell later and re-popped the knee... recently got cortisone injection for heel so it's well enough and knee is well enough (kind of, still not great) to go on short hikes! Did a 5 mile loop last week with just one goat, and then a short hike today with two. Left one at home. Here are a few photos.
Good for you!

Your panniers look interesting. What are you using?
Hello Saltlick
Glad your getting mobile. Good Pictures of your goat and country.
It looks like you are using the Buthead Panniers that take a Wal-Mart Kitchen size plastic garbage can as a pack box?
You have to use a pack saddle under them right?
I have some "injury's" too, and spare parts added in. As well as being "Mature" that has spent 38 years getting beat up by livestock. I use a Product Called Consinquen It is a very good Joint and Tendon supplement.
All the Race horse,Hunter Jumper,Dressage, and Endurance Horse people I have know use it on a daily base.
I use it for myself to It helps a lot with my bad ankle, knee and back.
You can order it online from any good Livestock Supply provider. You take about a 1/2 tablespoon twice a day to start (Loading Dose) then once a day, it is a powder, (I mix my with any kind beverage you drink in the Morning)
Or just water. It dose not taste bad even taken dry. Light "Citrisy" taste. Needles to say I buy the Equine package
sizes. It dose come in "Dog" and "Human" capsules too but they are more expensive than just buying a jar of it.
Happy Trails
hihobaron
Awesome photos! The brown goat is Django who you got from Dave, isn't he? Remind me your Saanen's name again--I forgot. They're both gorgeous! I love the picture of your white goat yawning!! Smile
wow, good memory Nanno! They do look great. and what a neat looking area!