Goat String Wanted
It took me spending some time with a LaMancha to get past the ears. I cannot say enough about how much their attitude and personality are appealing!

I have bottle fed and dam raised. It is the time you invest in them that creates the bond.
Goatberries Happen!
(02-02-2015, 09:00 AM)Marc Wrote: I admit my shallowness, it's an ego thing. I want my goats to look cool.

HA! We're the same way! Big Grin

Phil told me before we started breeding goats that he wants to look out the window at a riot of color. He said he doesn't want to breed goats if they aren't flashy. So we've got it going on in the color department. We like ears a lot too. Airplane ears are the best. They look so comical and perky. They make me laugh. Besides, lots of people in my area are breeding Lamanchas. Me being me, I have to do something different of course. Tongue

If you bought a couple of 6-year-olds, you'd be able to pack with them for a while and raise babies who would be able to take over the heavy work just in time for your older ones to start slowing down. I admit, babies are kind of useless for a few years, but it sure is fun and rewarding to raise them yourself.
All great info, sorry it took me a bit to see the responses. I'm still learning the forum thing.

I'm still on the hunt for my goats and the good news is my wife is warming up to the idea!!!
Great to hear your wife is warming up to the idea. Though the whole idea of goats as dairy, pack, and meat, had its genesis in myself, it took my daughter and a family friend to get my wife onboard. Now the whole family is on the same page and there is peace in the home. Smile
I got my two boys and love them...I still need two more. I'll need em with horns. I'm really happy with the two I have so far. One is a bit testy with the other one but I'm assuming there is a pecking order in every string and I bet two more will shake that up a bit...I'm hoping to knock the one back a few notches with another dominant goat. He's just pushy with the other...he's like a kitten with us.
Goats have no goat friends. Thats why they love humans so much-- They cant believe that you arent beating on them. Because being beat on is the life of all but one goat in a herd.
Too Funny Charlie Horse, and well said. I get it.
I am still looking to add two to three more experienced (not an absolute), large, horned packers (with equipment) if possible. I'm open to 5 and 6 year olds just to stagger ages in my string. Help!! I am busily training and getting the two I have into shape and want to have the whole gang moving forward.
Hi Marc, congratulations on your new goats. This ad appeared on Craigslist, it is a bit of a drive, (Eastern MT) but you might be interested:http://bozeman.craigslist.org/grd/4886031567.html
(03-09-2015, 02:25 PM)Saph Wrote: Hi Marc, congratulations on your new goats. This ad appeared on Craigslist, it is a bit of a drive, (Eastern MT) but you might be interested:http://bozeman.craigslist.org/grd/4886031567.html

Thanks a ton, I'll look into them.