Truck chasing goats
Quote:Yes, I am a hat person always when outside.

Me too! My hippie hair with the wide part in the middle lends itself to massive sunburn. After spending my foolish teenage years hoping no one would notice my perpetual dandruff, I finally wised up in college and started wearing hats. My favorite hat is a floppy tie-dye number. It's not good in a rainstorm, but it's shockingly bright so I can't lose myself in a crowd.
Hello All

Kid Season is in full swing here.

#2 Arrived yesterday

Another Buckling  Smile   All White even though he is a Alpine X Saanen.

Not good for the breeders, they want Does for milking herd but good for me for pack goats

=====================================

Moving on:

Goat Expedition # 2

Friday We Loaded the Goat Tote in the truck, the boy's were ready and willing to jump in even before "Their" house was in the truck. Tote weight about 80 pounds, I do not need another 100 pounds plus of live goat in it when lifting it into the truck bed. !!!!!

I added my dog Max to the Expedition Team this time.

Experienced "Trail Dog" has 100's of hours trailing with my horses.

He gets First Class Seating in the truck cab. " Seniority" has it's advantages, He agree's Smile

Target area was Chestnut Ridge Preserve, We arrived and not many people or other dogs around.

Unload, give the goat boy's a little rest then hit the trail.

.jpg   After a hard day on the trail.JPG (Size: 51.74 KB / Downloads: 154)

Moving out on the trail

.jpg   Goat Patrol with Scout Dog Max.JPG (Size: 63.59 KB / Downloads: 154)

Max Helps the Goat Boys get over the "Water Melts Goats Fear"

.jpg   See you will not melt in water.JPG (Size: 63.97 KB / Downloads: 154)

Are You sure it is SAFE to go into this "STUFF"

.jpg   You want to cross here.JPG (Size: 68.13 KB / Downloads: 154)

The Intrepid Expedition Crew

.jpg   Trail Break for the Explores.JPG (Size: 185.05 KB / Downloads: 153)

Happy Trails

hihobaron Max ,Pete, and Sam
Happy Easter

Hello all: The Truck Chasing Goats Story continues
================================

Goat Expedition 3

Target: Paris Mountain State Park, Greenville SC

Trail walk with lots of people and dogs that Pete and Sam don't know.

Being a State Park Boy's had to stay on leash like required for dogs.

We got a lot of looks from hikers, backpackers, answered lots of questions.

Like "Goats what do you do with them" Pack Goats is the response 25-30 pounds each.

Most Everybody was caring Day packs or bigger.

Many though Pack Goats were a good idea.

No Complaints about sharing trail and several PR pictures with other people and the goat boy's.

.jpg   Goat Trails 1.JPG (Size: 62.84 KB / Downloads: 133)

Had help walking the boy's

.jpg   Log Walking with Sam.JPG (Size: 63.91 KB / Downloads: 133)

Log's are fun to walk on

.jpg   See we have rocks to climb here too.JPG (Size: 64.89 KB / Downloads: 133)

See we have rocks to walk on here too

.jpg   Blue Ridge Mountains from a goats eye view.JPG (Size: 42.79 KB / Downloads: 132)

Blue Ridge Mountains from Paris Mountain

Happy Trails

Happy Easter

hihobaron Pete and Sam
Hello all: The Truck Chasing Goats Story continues
================================

Well no truck chasing today, or trail work.
But the boy's put in a rather major request for First Class Seating instead of Economy Accommodation.
AKA: Goat Tote in the bed of the truck, that and we have not been on a "Expedition" off farm for a week or so.
I left the cab door open while unloading supplies. Came back out and both Pete and Sam were in the truck and I think Pete was trying to get it started. Good thing I don't have one of the "Push Button" Start systems. Smile
I yelled at them and all they did was stand there with the expression "Let's Go". They got booted out.
Note to Self: close truck doors when goats are around.
I think they got the idea and rebellious when they saw Max (my Dog) got to ride in the cab of the truck on the last trip.
This was their first time to "Express" their opinion and they took it since the last trip.
I hope to get them out for #4 Expedition this Sunday.
Could prove interesting everything is greening up they might be stopping to eat more than I want.
Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
Next they will be tap dancing on the hood of your truck HHB ...
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap
Hello DownUnder Gal
They already load themselves into the bed of the truck and have made it to on top of the tool box. Roof and hood are off limits!!!! Or they are on the grill.
My older 1 ton F-350  they have made it to the roof but it is a work truck and a few extra dents will not hurt it.
My boy's do not want to be a stuffed goat hood ornament. No horns so it would have to be a body mount on the hood.
Think Dodge Ram. Smile
Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam
Hello All
The Truck Chasing Goats have been at it Again!!!!
Trail Expedition #4
Target: Chestnut Ridge Preserve.
Object: Trail Conditioning, and Public Relations for Goat Packing.
======================

At the Trail Head:
Boy's unloaded from the Goat tote, and got a chance to trim some weeds back in the small parking area.
There were several cars there, so I knew there were people on the Trail, probably with dogs.
As I have found out it is a popular area for hikers and dog people. (I did not think originally it was that well used)
Oh well best plans of men and goats often go astray. Smile But in a lot of ways it makes good training for Pete and Sam.
As well as a good place to "Surprise" non-goat people with what can be done with a goat besides meat and milk.
=====================================

As it is a Park I had to carry leads for the boys JIC somebody complained they were off leash.
The Leads I carry for them are 25 foot lunge lines/driving lines. Smile
I keep them coiled one over each should in case of need. Like a Bull Whip. Think Indiana Jones  
I also carry my dog repellent holstered under my jacket. I carry more gear than the goats do "for now"
===================================================
Moving On:
As we were getting ready to "Hit the Trail" a Lady and 2 daughters came in to go for a hike.
They could not believe I was trailing out with"Goats" of course they had to pet on Pete and Sam some.
I asked them IF they wanted to take a trail walk with us.  
Answer "YES"  I Explained a few things about trailing with goats. Educational Experience you know.
So we hit the trail, Boys mixed in with the "company" and trailed just fine with the new people.
Of course they were using their cell phone cameras every chance they got to get pictures of the goats on the trail with them. the goat boys were camera hogs.
The Pictures I have I had one of the girls take with my cell phone. Might have some better ones coming from them as I did give them my e-mail and card.
I think the goat boys may have infected 3 people with Pack Goat Fever.
We also had a couple of other encounters with people on the trail that were very surprised with goats as trail animals.
So a good day for Goat Packing here in the East was had by all. Smile  

Note: We did run into a few dogs.
Most were not goat aggressive, more like "What is that weird thing in the trail, Dog people were well mannered and curious about me walking goats, so I told them about Pack Goats.  Good PR.
The Boy's and I did have our first run in with a "Aggressive" dog.
We met the people headed back to the trails head ,saw them headed our way with a GS and a Pit Bull type, they grabbed both of them stepped off the trail and held the dogs. Good Manners on their part. Dogs were throwing a fit.
Pete and Sam were as close to me as they could get, OK we got by the dogs, they went on and we went  back into trail formation.
We went about 100 yards and here comes the Pit Bull charging down the trail at us. Boy's gathered around me again,
I intercepted the dog with a good hard kick in his ribs, he turned tail I pulled my pistol (Soft air 20 cal plastic pellets) and put 2 rounds into his hind end. Soft Air Pistol just paid for it self. Talk about a motivated dog he was gone fast. Smile
Happy Trails
It was a good and eventful Walkabout
hihobaron Pete and Sam

.jpg   Trail Company 3.JPG (Size: 88.55 KB / Downloads: 86)

Trail Company

.jpg   Trail Company 6.JPG (Size: 87.16 KB / Downloads: 84)

Let's Cross the Bridge Boys

.jpg   Trail Company 5.JPG (Size: 88.34 KB / Downloads: 83)

More New People to Goatafy

.jpg   Goat Stump 1.JPG (Size: 30.32 KB / Downloads: 81)

We found a goat stump 

.jpg   End of Trail Campfire.JPG (Size: 49.02 KB / Downloads: 80)

End of Trail Camp Fire

Happy Trail 
Keep Safe
What fun! I'm glad you were able to give that naughty dog what-for!
After seeing the Sound Defense K9 warning gun Larry Robinson has I bought one. I hope I never have to use it.

https://www.sounddefense.com/shop/

That goat stump looks like a work of art. I want it for my landscaping!
Goatberries Happen!
HelloTaffy
RE: Dog and "Other" Defensive Equipment I carry when on walkabout with the goat boy's or horses.
I looked at the link you posted" for "sonic defense"
My question is as I do walk with my dog too as well as the hearing range of goats them-self, sound at the frequency and intensity dog Dazer puts out would likely send my dog running as well as the goats.
It is NON-Selective in the target, like using a fire hose when you need pin point accuracy.
My Airsoft Pistol is in the same price range has many more other uses around a farm. Works good on stray cats Smile
Dose not need battery's,
Right now all my critters stand for live gunfire just fine. My Airsoft Pistol just makes a nice quite POP less than a 22 Long Rifle shot. but puts 350-400 FPS on a 20 cal plastic BB and I can hit exactly were and what I want to.
On trail, dog owner 50 feet away would not hear the shots.
Up close they will hurt bad as the dog found out, I have used them on the goat boy's at 25-30 feet
(They got into the greenhouse) They exited the greenhouse at high speed and have not been backSmile
Horses when they have been fussing with each other more than needed have felt the sting of it too.
They stop messing with each other right NOW.
Mine are clip fed and carry 20 rounds and more than enough co2 for 100 rounds of shooting.
They make great plinking guns for can shooting. Good fun around home. Affordable practice and for on the trail use.
===========================================
The ones I have are Replicas of the Walther M84  and the Glock 17 both well known and "Recognizable" cartridge semi-auto pistols that are in common police service. They are such good durable all metal pistols they even weigh the same as the real thing.
=================================
One caution Because of the above IF you have trouble with a LEO they will consider it a real gun.
For myself here, I have a CWP permit so IF there is a question from a LEO I am legal and just do exactly what they say. First thing is tell them you have a gun on you. Let them take it you will get it back.
==================================================
In my case IF I were to feel the need I would also have my 357 Mag Revolver with me. Smile It is in the truck all the time.
======================================================

I don't worry about lions,and ,tigers,and bears to much here. Ill Manners of dogs on the trail yes, and predators with 2 legs.
As I found out the airsoft pistol works extremely good on goat aggressive dogs. Smile

=================================================

RE: Natures Artwork
The Goat Stump
You can not have it. Sad
What I can do for you is take my Good Digital Camera with me next trip and get you some high resolution pictures of it
Mail them to you on a flash drive.  ???

Happy Trails
hihobaron Pete and Sam