Another Lesson
Woodstock had a horrid abscess this summer in his sinus area in front of his eye. The vet thought it could even be a tumor based on the lack of air bubbles in the xray. 2 weeks of good antibiotics didn't do much for him. In the end it burst into his sinus. I know because I spotted some snot that smelled about as bad as a case of thrush in a horse's hoof. He's ok now but the bone was distorted a bit and it may never totally flatten out. Poor guy was in a lot of pain but the vet was wary about poking holes in a goat's nose. He said its a complicated bone structure compared to a horse (I suggested he just stab it and see if it was puss for an abscess or blood from a tumor). His teeth looked perfect though, so the vet didn't think it was caused by something in his mouth. For sure it was based too high for that, and thus we thought it was more likely a tumor. I really thought I was going to lose him for a bit there... Worst case is it causes tooth trouble down the road because it was moving in on the tooth base. We'll see in a few years.

It sounds like your goat has a much less worrying type of lump under the skin. I say it could be a snake-- I have to say I got a bit warm today working in the driveway. Some years it has frozen on November 1 and stayed frozen till March.

Messages In This Thread
Another Lesson - by Taffy - 11-07-2016, 07:34 PM
RE: Another Lesson - by Sanhestar - 11-07-2016, 10:20 PM
RE: Another Lesson - by Charlie Horse - 11-07-2016, 11:46 PM
RE: Another Lesson - by Nanno - 11-08-2016, 08:07 AM
RE: Another Lesson - by Taffy - 11-08-2016, 07:57 PM
RE: Another Lesson - by DownUnder Gal - 12-01-2016, 02:30 PM
RE: Another Lesson - by Taffy - 12-01-2016, 08:32 PM