Urinary Calculi Surgery
Thanks Nanno.  I had also read that baking soda causes urine to be more alkaline (which did concern me), but I didn't know about it interfering with the absorption of minerals.  Mineral balance is so complicated isn't it?  They seem to interact in such a complex manner and too much of one throws out the level of another.  I feel like I need to be a biochemist to understand it all.  I started feeding baking soda free choice years ago to enable them to regulate the pH of their rumens, given their "unnatural" feeding environment (not out on 100s of miles of range eating anything they wish).  Since it's been available to them I find they bloat a lot less and they nibble it only occasionally.  Still, it could be a factor in William's stones.  It might also be the seaweed meal - William and Penelope, his mother, both hit that really hard when I put it out.  They almost scoff the lot.  Interestingly they are both white goats and I understand that white goats are very susceptible to certain minerals compared with black or coloured goats.  I'll consult with the vet on those two aspects of the diet once the stone has been analysed.
Happiness is a baby goat snoring in your lap

Messages In This Thread
Urinary Calculi Surgery - by DownUnder Gal - 09-28-2016, 04:46 PM
RE: Urinary Calculi Surgery - by Nanno - 09-28-2016, 06:18 PM
RE: Urinary Calculi Surgery - by DownUnder Gal - 09-28-2016, 06:58 PM
RE: Urinary Calculi Surgery - by DownUnder Gal - 10-06-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: Urinary Calculi Surgery - by Nanno - 10-07-2016, 08:30 AM
RE: Urinary Calculi Surgery - by DownUnder Gal - 10-31-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: Urinary Calculi Surgery - by IdahoNancy - 11-06-2016, 11:12 PM
RE: Urinary Calculi Surgery - by DownUnder Gal - 11-09-2016, 09:09 PM