Jerry the non working goat....
Well I have officially had it with one of my Obers.....
I have been trying to for the last year and a half ( since I've owned him ) to get him to be exatcly like my other Ober Samson, the will work no mater what goat.
but whatever I try , more treats, less treats, leading him off Samson, Leading him myself , NADA he gets to a point and just stops, usually just sits there, then turns around and starts walking back! This cost me a day of hunting last year in the mountains, and made a short 2.5 mile hike this last weekend into a 4 mile hike as I would have to run back, get him and literly drag him back up the trail, and granted this was only with 10LBS including the saddle! But those are just examples, this happens everytime, with or without saddle/panniers. I have also tried to just go and wait for him to show up figuring he will get lonely for samson and I , and well that just ended up with me running a mile back up and down the trail frantically looking for him just to find him eating a serviceberry bush.
So any suggestions? Anyone else had a goat just not want to work?

He is 8 years old, 175lbs, wormed regulary, fed plenty, hooves trimmed regularly...
Doesn't display any isssues, limping, couphing, exessive panting.

My Options
1.Shoot Him
2.Sell Him as a weeder goat ( how much do you get for a useless goat? )

As you can tell I'm abit frustrated, oh and if I lead him off of Samson he figured out that all he has to do is yank hard enough and he can pull Samsons pack off and get him to stop..  Dodgy

Messages In This Thread
Jerry the non working goat.... - by GPW - 07-27-2015, 01:55 PM
RE: Jerry the non working goat.... - by Nanno - 07-27-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: Jerry the non working goat.... - by Sanhestar - 07-28-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: Jerry the non working goat.... - by GPW - 07-30-2015, 12:13 PM
RE: Jerry the non working goat.... - by Sanhestar - 07-30-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: Jerry the non working goat.... - by nebs - 07-31-2015, 08:29 AM
RE: Jerry the non working goat.... - by GPW - 08-17-2015, 01:58 PM