Slip sliding away...........
My hiking season isn't looking so great right now. I started out the year with a bang and was hauling the goats places for day hikes. On February 19th I went walking through the kitchen toward my sewing room and the next thing I know I'm lying on the floor on my right side facing the kitchen cabinets. You know those cartoons where someone is waling along and suddenly their feet slip out from under them, they fly into the air and land with a thud. Yep, that was me. My youngest son and his wife have a Weimaraner who slobbers when she drinks water. Unbeknownst to me she'd slobbered water and I went flying. I went to my regular doctor who immediately referred me to an orthopedic doctor. He said I'd sprained my left bicep and my left knee MCL and hamstring. How did that happen when I was lying on my right side?! I've been wearing a metal hinged knee brace and doing leg/arm exercises for the past month. When the swelling went down I was getting a sharp jab behind my kneecap and my knee locks up quite often. Fast forward to this week when I saw the ortho again. The arm is doing fine. The knee not so well. He now thinks I have also torn the meniscus in my knee. I've already had surgery on the left knee so this is not good news. I decided not to have the cortisone injection and will see him in another month. In the meantime hiking on anything but level ground is out of the question. Not a great start to my 2015 hiking season.
Goatberries Happen!
Ah hell Taffy! Thats not a great start at all...
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Oh man. I remember you telling me about that fall in the chat room right after it happened. I was so hoping it would just turn out to be bruising and muscle strain. What a bummer! Here's hoping your body goes in to super-healing overdrive this spring! In the meantime, maybe you should get a cart and harness so your goats can get you around. Let them do the work for once!