Bridger's GORGEOUS full brother...$200 (Hornless LaMancha in Northern Utah)
As many have seen my two pure LaMancha 1/2 brother bucklings last year...(same sire) they are now 1yr old. According to the tape method they are about 130 lbs each, long legged, great packing conformation & quite tall. They are also so sweet, friendly, good natured and smart...I am so pleased with them both.

Here is a link about them with pictures...

Link: Bridger & Kody

My black & white legged is named, Bridger. I thought I would let you all know that his full younger brother is for sale. I want him so bad my teeth ache...Big & GORGEOUS! But my line is full for the next 2 years. Let me know if anyone is interested & I will get you in touch. He is $200 (BARGAIN)

Located near Tremonton, Utah.

A few pics:

2 days old ...born 2-12-2015
[Image: IMG_2399.jpg]

Today...
[Image: IMG_7108.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4931.jpg]
Wow he *is* going to be a fantastic goat! I mean, at 2 days old look at him!

I wish I had the 200 bucks. I just had to drop $220 on a new fuel pressure regulator for one of my cars, $200 in insurance, and $70 in taxes. I'm poor this month, dang it.

I've been an alpine guy but I hear those LaMachas are perhaps the best pack goats. Great personality + great body type.

P.S. For anyone that buys him, I'll fashion you some leather fake ears.
lol Charlie. Will that be custom leather or you just going to steal some off a Nubian?
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
I love that chest on him! I'm with Charlie Horse... he needs someone to donate some ears. Maybe we need to start an "ear donor" program for goats kind of like people have "organ donor" on their driver's license. Smile

Love his white socks too, by the way!
(03-20-2015, 08:45 AM)Charlie Horse Wrote: Wow he *is* going to be a fantastic goat! I mean, at 2 days old look at him!

I wish I had the 200 bucks. I just had to drop $220 on a new fuel pressure regulator for one of my cars, $200 in insurance, and $70 in taxes. I'm poor this month, dang it.

I've been an alpine guy but I hear those LaMachas are perhaps the best pack goats. Great personality + great body type.

P.S. For anyone that buys him, I'll fashion you some leather fake ears.

Like you the ear thing took me a little bit to get over. That changed IMMEDIATELY when I had them on the trail.

Also, I love my four (6 yoa) Alpine/Saanan crosses...they are phenomenal. I love my hybrids from Dwight...they are stellar, big & beautiful...they will likely be my biggest & maybe tallest. Amazing personalities. As those three are 1/2 Ober, they will hopefully be great for water crossings.

But...I have to tell you I am VERY impressed with my 100% LaMancha 4 yr old. He is big (guessing in the 200# range & is was nearly 38" last time I checked last fall)...he is long legged, tall, tough as nails, smart & pretty gentle. While he is not the Herd-Master/Boss he is a close second & doesn't take crap from anyone; he keeps the yearlings in line. What he is though, is my Trail Leader, he has to be at the front...period. (My Herd-Master goat usually positions himself at the front of the middle at #3/6 when packing.) He is a hard worker & NEVER gives up no matter what.

Last year when this same LaMancha (then 3 yoa) he was carrying like 20# though the High Uinta's. On the same trip, I had one of my 5 year old Alpine/Saanans started to lag severely & was developing a slight limp. We were in the about +11,000 ft...he is slow on the best of days is always #6/6 in line when packing. Early on day 3:4 & 15 miles from the truck, I knew I might be in trouble if I didn't do something different with him, especially as we were going up & down from 10,500 ft to 11,500 on very rocky & broken up trails. Anyway, longer story short, I ended up tethering him to my 3 yr old LaMancha and he hauled his butt up & down the hills. Heck...the slow poke was even getting practically choked a few times, my Lamancha was pulling him along so fast. LOL Big Grin Eventually I ended up empting my slow-poke's panniers and putting a full 40#'s on my 3 year old for the rest of day 3 & day 4. I also tethered him on the hills...still dragging him along. Smile He never missed a beat & STILL insisted on being in the very front by me the whole time. Also, he never hesitated to cross any creeks or streams either.

Back to my 100% LaMancha yearlings & sibling of this one for sale...I think they will be as good or better & just as big & tall if not more so. I won't be culling or trading them any time soon.

Lastly, if really interested, I am sure Dona could be convinced to keep him a bit longer if it is a guaranteed sale. BTW, here is their sire, Typhoon with some great bloodlines...he is a big boy.

http://www.fireboltlamanchas.com/bucks/

Best of luck!

TOU

(03-20-2015, 09:55 AM)Nanno Wrote: I love that chest on him! I'm with Charlie Horse... he needs someone to donate some ears. Maybe we need to start an "ear donor" program for goats kind of like people have "organ donor" on their driver's license. Smile

Love his white socks too, by the way!

I'm telling you...if you pack with them, you will change your view point. Also, yes Typhoon, Bridger & this buckling have gorgeous ultra white on their legs. The black color on these boys is a pure deep jet black, not that flat black that is common on goats. (Like Kody's)
He was weighed this morning at 37 days old...32 lbs!

Btw he was taken & human imprinted on day 1 & been bottle raised by her kids. Gentle & friendly.
Good Evening,

I talked to Dona & the deal is this. "Lincoln" is coming up on 2 months old & so will be switching to 2 bottles a day. Anyway, she told me that the current kids she has are drinking every drop & this little guy is one of the thirstiest. He has to go this week....one way or the other. She has more kids than she has milk & sadly doesn't have even a gallon to spare...which is why she needs to sell these kids...but still wants them in the best homes.

Vigilguy & I both have kids from her & are very pleased with them. BTW, the seller gets very attached to her goats & really likes how we take care of them. She loves the idea of them living happy productive lives as packgoats & that most packers take much better care of their goats than the average caretaker. I HATE to see him NOT go to a packing home. BUT I really want him to go to a home that wants him & needs him. BTW, get past the ear thing...they are some of the best built packers out there. Smile With a referral from I or Charlie she will let this guy go to a packing home for $100!

That said, milk would be on you but he has to go this week; he is about 2 months old. There several folks that have milk in the area that you could buy...let me know if you get him & will give you the referrals to them.

That said if you would optimally do 2 bottles/ day for month #3 & 1 bottle for month #4 & then quit sometime in that month...that is what I did with my 5 little guys.

So for month #3, if you do 2 bottles (20-24 oz/feeding) it would = 2.33 gallons/week for 4 weeks = 9.25 gallons.

Month #4 for full month = 4.5 gallons.

TOTAL = 13-14 gallons total optimally

Let me know if interested & I will put you in touch.

TOU
Tou, you like math a little to much. Smile

I compared your milk totals with mine and I feed that amount to 1 month old babies and twice that by the time I start to wean at 2 1/2 months old. But then again we have milk coming out our ears Smile
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Holy cow, this buckling's sire is HUGE! His dam is a looker, too. What's going to happen to him if no one speaks up to buy him? Will he go to the sale barn or ?
Goatberries Happen!
Call me Shindler. If nobody gets him I'll be rescuing him.