My new Pack Goat Protectors...(long & picture heavy)
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Goliath. I'm glad ya'll were able to save him, but what a bummer to lose a good guardian like that! People can definitely be dunderheads about other people's animals. I hope adding some signage will help.
My sister's Great Pyrenees just had a 'twisted gut'. $2,500 later he's ok and back to normal. I do not believe I'll be getting that kind of dog.

BTW he eats anything and everything. Socks. Underwear. Dish cloths. And they all end up in the yard, if you know what I mean.
Think ill just stick with the Min Pins. They only thing they eat is ground squirrels
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
Thx all, I appreciate it, I am still kind of ripped about it all. Goliath really was a great dog & I thought about bringing him back but there is no way I can safeguard him & think he may potentially have something happen again. Since he was going to a good home I felt better about it.

Hey Charlie, I think Goliath was pretty close to a $2,500 dog to when all is said & done...it doesn't take long these days. They really are great dogs but these dogs get BIG! The Komondore part of their mix makes them even a bigger dog than a GP. They are super sweet & great LGDs. But as we have both learned, they can eat anything which means you have to watch them until they aren't puppies...2-3 yoa.

BTW, I spoke to my boys who generally do "scooper-duty & they said they have found teddy-bear arms in legs intermixed with their deposits. Grrrrrr.