Picking up our new baby buckling today!
Thanks for the pics Dave. He is a handsome fella! I hope your neighbor put her dog down.

I look forward to watching him grow......BIG Smile
(02-23-2015, 03:43 PM)Dave-Trinity-Farms Wrote: True dat. A fellow breeder had a dog attack a few weeks ago in which one of the does she bought from us had its throat torn out. Turns out it was her own dog...

Oh that's so sickening. If any dog of mine ever killed or injured a goat, there would be a fluffy dog hide on my wall that night. There was one time when Daisy tackled Snickers and I just about wrung her neck. He was just a little tyke, maybe a week or two old. It was during that time when Petunia was recovering from mastitis and had half-rejected her kids since she couldn't feed them properly and they were driving her crazy trying to nurse that dry teat. Daisy adopted the babies, and she and Snickers formed a really close bond. I guess Daisy started to think he was hers and one day I saw her tackle him to the ground and roll over with him like he was a puppy. A puppy would have loved it, but Snickers was terrified. Only moments before he had been napping on top of Daisy like she was a bed. I threw Daisy on the ground and shook her by the scruff of the neck and scolded. She never did anything like that again that I saw. I think she already knew she'd crossed the line even before I punished her and she felt terrible. Still, I have to remember that no dog, no matter how trustworthy, will ever be 100% safe. She's been wonderful for driving away the coyotes this past year, though! If it weren't for Daisy I doubt we would have any goats left except Cuzco--he's too old and tough for anyone to eat!
Nope, she didnt kill the dog and is in fact thinking about breeding it (German Shepards) and raising them as aid dogs... Needless to say the two goats that were going to go over there this spring will not be going.

When Prince snapped it was surprising cause he is not a food aggressive dog but I could see why it happened. A strange animal coming over to check out his new bone. Was also surprising that he latched on to the little boys snout for a good 1-2 seconds. So Ill chuck it up as my fault as I should known deep down, but any trust I had in this dog is gone. Granted there wasnt any there anyways. We dont let the 2 min pins into the goat pens. Just witness to to many dog attacks in the past from neighbor dogs to trust, but if he acts up one more time, that will be it.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
We just got a notice that an intact male black lab is running loose in our neighborhood and attacked a pregnant lady and her dog in their yard. The sheriff's department has been looking for him. I saw him earlier today nosing around our place. My pistol is at the ready if he tries to be a problem on my property. Dog at large is an $800 fine plus the fact he is attacking people. I can shoot if there is a threat to the goats or horses.
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]
Oh I hope you get him! Here, you dont even have to call the sheriff. After the first few attacks we had on the farm I worked on, they just told me to shoot em once they got onto the property. But to give them a call if there was any damage to livestock. So over the years there I put at least 2 dozen dogs in the ground. Most dog owners think that once they move out of city limits its just ok to open the front door and let their dogs out. The owners near that farm learned the hard way thats wasnt a good idea.

He loves to play on the love seat Smile

[attachment=1129]

Wow! I don't think I noticed the ears before this pic lol. Kinda like the flying nun. Looks like he is just showing you how big he is going to get.
It's hard to believe that someday soon this adorable little boy will be a big stinky buck! Tongue
Goatberries Happen!
It is with a heavy heart I post that my little buddy died last night. Was perfectly fine and healthy and 3 pm for his lunch feeding and dead by 9pm for his dinner feeding. Had Matt the vet come out this morning to do a necropsy on him. He already suspected what killed him. Its about the only thing that can kill a kid in 6 hours with no symptoms. Opened him up and Matt instantly could see what killed him. Enterotoxemia caused by the toxins from clostridial prefringens. This is what CD/T is suppose to vaccinate against. In fact this boy had his second CD/T booster not a week ago. But it only covers C and D strains. With a few thousand dollars I could find out exactly which strain but that would be ridiculous. We will be using Calvary 9 from now on to help cover more bases but nothing protects completely. It usually effects fast growing babies and Ronin was growing very well. Just one of those perfect storm kinda things. Or as Matt put it, winning the lottery in reverse. Evening doing everything right, it could not be stopped.

Oh no Dave! I am so sorry, he was a handsome buckling and perfect for your program!
Oh crap! I know from my own experience how quickly they can go downhill. I'm so sorry!
[i]
Charlene in Central Orego
n
[/i]