transporting pack goats
Hi all,
I have some problems with moving my goats around. I have two eight month old without horns, Two new Saanens who are two year old with horns, and one older toggenburge with horns who is the boss. My problems are the saanen"s will bully the young ones,and Flyod the togg wont allow the saanen"s any where near him. So I cant get them all in the same trailer with out mayhem. Floyd will let the younger goats close to him if he is in the mood but not if food is around. I have one small trailer inclosed. I"m thinking I might have to make dividers but would love some advise.
Its way to hard to get them to go anywhere at the moment.
Can you tie the bossy goats up? That's what I do. If you have no exposed support rails in your trailer that you can tie to, then you should probably install some hitching rings.
yep, need to tie em up with leads just long enough to lay down. Will take some time for them to get used to it but its that or partitions.
Pack Goat Prospects For Sale. http://trinitypackgoats.webs.com

S.E. Washington (Benton City)
(02-21-2015, 05:09 PM)Nanno Wrote: Can you tie the bossy goats up? That's what I do. If you have no exposed support rails in your trailer that you can tie to, then you should probably install some hitching rings.

Yes I can tie them in but if Floyd is in the front I cant get the Saanen's on the trailer.
Im thinking I should put flyod on last with a ply divider between them?

Noticed they are making quite a mess on the trailer floor, even on very short trips,
would this be caused by them stressing.
Do you feed them before traveling?
Don't have anyone else to ask questions over here in NZ so really appreciate your
help.
I tie the mean ones with their heads in the corner. That leaves the rest to find a place to lay down on their own.

Goats really mess up the floor when you take off for a trip. They leave a clean floor on the way back. Sometimes I take them for a little walk before I load them up so they can mess up the road rather than the trailer. It works a little. They'll really mess up the place if they start standing up, like when you come to a stop to fuel up or something.
(02-21-2015, 09:25 PM)Charlie Horse Wrote: I tie the mean ones with their heads in the corner. That leaves the rest to find a place to lay down on their own.

Goats really mess up the floor when you take off for a trip. They leave a clean floor on the way back. Sometimes I take them for a little walk before I load them up so they can mess up the road rather than the trailer. It works a little. They'll really mess up the place if they start standing up, like when you come to a stop to fuel up or something.

thanks for that, ill try of those ideas out.